Diablo custom tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Hey just gonna beat a dead horse here but, I'm looking for the best CMR diablo tuner. I know Jay Greene tunes are decent but Canada doesn't have the kind of humidity he tunes for. So Hemi fever, diablew, diablotoona? anyone have any good suggestions?
The tune would be for a 2015 ram 1500 5.7l
Thanks.

appzattak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey just gonna beat a dead horse here but, I'm looking for the best CMR diablo tuner. I know Jay Greene tunes are decent but Canada doesn't have the kind of humidity he tunes for. So Hemi fever, diablew, diablotoona? anyone have any good suggestions?
Thanks.
What does humidity have to do with his tunes? I have zero humidity here in Idaho and his tunes rock for my truck.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Brandon-w

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Less air density would mess with it too much would it not?

Marczing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Outdoormen
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm from Victoria BC Canada Jay has been great, amazing service, data logs will help after you have a base tune. Had 91 tune I switch from 89 to 91 at costco cheaper than 89 at any regular gas station, 180 stat is another nice mod

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If your looking for something specific for Canada(which I personally don't think that makes a difference)you might check with WildOne. He lives up there and may know someone that can do the tuning for you. There are an abundance of tuners available Jay Greene and Hemifever seem to be the most popular on this forum. I have had excellent success with Hemifever but IMHO you just have to call a few tuners and talk to them and tell them what your specifically looking for and see if they can provide the service to you. IMHO---There is NO substitution for good communications with your tuner. Without it you'll never be happy.
Jay

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Thanks.

Brandon get ahold of Chris Zelinsky at Player 3 Tuning in Edmonton.He's a pretty decent local tuner,plus he's also the local TSP cam dealer for up here.You can use my name Rick Wildman,he knows me well,lol

https://www.facebook.com/player3performance/

Here's his phone number if you'd rather phone him.

1-780-655-6594

OP
OP
Brandon-w

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
He doesn't do CMR tuning for diablo though. I talked to him already. I'd have to buy new licences and whatnot for hp tuners and diablo would be basically useless at that point.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
He doesn't do CMR tuning for diablo though. I talked to him already. I'd have to buy new licences and whatnot for hp tuners and diablo would be basically useless at that point.

Yup sell it,lol.HP is far superior to Diablo's CMR platform. There's not many CMR tuners that i'd recommend in our area.If you're hung up on staying with the CMR platform,then Jay is probably your best bet. Join 780 racing on facebook as that's the Edmonton crews facebook page and ask those guys who they'd recommend for a local CMR/Diablo tune.Me i'd sell the Diablo and go with a decent HP tune though,you can probably sell the Diablo for close to what it'll cost you for a HP tune.
The fastest gas powered 4th Gens in Canada are all tuned by Chris,if that means anything to you,lol.

Last edited:

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
Data logging for your air density back and forth will have you not only dialed in at WFO, but everyday commuting as well. Being consistent with your gas quality is probably a bigger variable in the long run. I always use E0 from the same station, if that changes I go back to a base custom tune.

Was one of my concerns too living in Wisconsin climate.

Marczing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Outdoormen
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes Chris is a very good option, I had invested in the i3 before finding out about Chris, at that point I'm in the hole 5 bills for the tuner. I went with a 91 tune due to gas prices in Canada, I know I can't handle the stock tune anymore.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Tuners don't tune for their local area, they tune for what your truck is reporting back to the log function.

They can accommodate different climates as the truck is telling them what sort of environment it is in.

You are overthinking this. Get in touch with Jay Greene or Sean Powell (HemiFever) and either one of them can write you a good tune.

craigsez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Had a hemi fever on my 2010 and it was awsome,i live outside halifax novascotia.....Would like to have a hemi fever and j greene tune saved and compare both..Way to much $ for whats likely very little diff..

OP
OP
Brandon-w

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
I got a Jay Greene tune. [emoji106]

craigsez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Tks brandon...I have been in contact with jg but then i put it off cause i picked up a bug and along with the side effects of my chemo pills i had to stay home a few weeks so my fu $ was now bill $...A few more weeks to catch up again and ill be getting a tune and a 180-190 stat.....Gotta find my 2 gig sd card to start of logging to..
Wouldnt mind finding a part # for the v6 fan to but again all that was put off for the moment..

OP
OP
Brandon-w

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Tks brandon...I have been in contact with jg but then i put it off cause i picked up a bug and along with the side effects of my chemo pills i had to stay home a few weeks so my fu $ was now bill $...A few more weeks to catch up again and ill be getting a tune and a 180-190 stat.....Gotta find my 2 gig sd card to start of logging to..
Wouldnt mind finding a part # for the v6 fan to but again all that was put off for the moment..
No problem. https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog...236,cooling+system,radiator+fan+assembly,2181 is this what you're looking for?