Do I need a tune with longtubes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jnichols89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
2013 ram 1500 5.7 hemi. Just put in a new motor and am doing long tube headers, catless y pipe, and a CAI. I also purchased a diablo i3 tuner. My question is do I need a custom tune for this setup or can I run one of the preset tunes? Anyone running this setup have any input? If I do end up needing a custom tune will it hurt the motor if I run one of the preset tunes until I can get a custom tune?

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A custom tune is best with LTs, Unfortunately you got a Diablo tuner so you wont be able to turn off the CELs or do any real tuning on your own.

You can run with canned tunes no problem for now until you get a custom tune.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes you will want a custom tune. There are no canned tunes that are for long tubes.

SwitcherLP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ABSOLUTELY get a real tune, and I am hoping you cammed that bad boy while you had the innards out. If you can handle it, a 93 tune with what you have done will provide a completely different animal in your driveway.