Diablo Intune I3 and my tick is gone!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doodoo972

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hy, everybody.
I recently bought an Intune I3 Platinum and I started to tune my truck.

I have to do some updates before being allowed to tune my truck but after everything went smooth and easy.
I have loaded to my PCM the 91 Octane tune, turned off MDS and add a 20% throttle booster.

I' m very impressed by the changes: more torque, the engine is more reactive and I feel more "engine breaking" when I release the accelerator and last but not least my engine's sound has changed and the tick is gone!!!

No more tick and a "tuned camshaft like" idle It's a real pleasure to run the truck and I can stay in D for most of the time.

I can't imagine the changes with long headers (I've got BBK shorties), tuned camshaft and an Hemifever or a Green tune.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Hy, everybody.

I have to do some updates before being allowed to tune my truck but after everything went smooth and easy.
I have loaded to my PCM the 91 Octane tune, turned off MDS and add a 20% throttle booster.

I' m very impressed by the changes: more torque, the engine is more reactive and I feel more "engine breaking" when I release the accelerator and last but not least my engine's sound has changed and the tick is gone!!!

No more tick and a "tuned camshaft like" idle It's a real pleasure to run the truck and I can stay in D for most of the time.

I can't imagine the changes with long headers (I've got BBK shorties), tuned camshaft and an Hemifever or a Green tune.

Adding long tubes will have you grinning from ear to ear, questioning your sanity on the db's the truck now produces and realizing adding that cam will produce even better results.

If you're lifted regear. 4.56's on 35's :D

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Glad it works well for you sir.

I had absolutely terrible experiences with the same tuner. Returned my unlocked PCM and tuner.

I hope it continues to please you.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

seabrook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black 2018 Night
Engine
5.7 3.92 anti slip
If you get a chance please post a video f your idle I’d like to hear it

Buddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I had absolutely terrible experiences with the same tuner. Returned my unlocked PCM and tuner.

I am really wanting a tuner, but it's when I read reviews like this that has me back away from buying one. I'm one of those people that has the luck of getting issues or equipment that won't work.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

My '17 6.4 was finicky to get tuned as was my '16 5.7 leading to a lot of frustration, especially on flashing the TCM. I found the key to getting a successful flash with the Diablo's is updating 1st, pulling a backup, updating again, and then actually tuning. When you flash ignore the timers and wait 30 seconds every time it tells you to wait for 3 (Key on/Key off/etc). Typically that gets me success every time, but IMO Holly/PowerTeq/Diablo is questionable on their software QC. In hind sight I do wish I had paid more and dealt with the PCM shipping hassles for HPTuners as it is a way better platform, but my cheap ass couldn't pass up sales. Luckily my tunes are dialed in for now so I only really need to flash if I plan on taking a road trip to somewhere 93 isn't available and have to flash the dialed back 91 tune.

OP
OP
Doodoo972

Doodoo972

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If I find how to post the video on the forum I will record my idle.

Buddy, your truck is a 2014 RAM 1500 and it seems that it is the last year for tuning with Diablosport (without ordering an unlocked PCM) and without issues especially if you have the 6 speed trans.
Otherwise you will have some odd things happenning ONLY if you want to tune the 8 speed trans shifting points and firmess. Look at Boostedmotorsports videos, he explain his problem with Diablosport very well.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
If I find how to post the video on the forum I will record my idle.

Buddy, your truck is a 2014 RAM 1500 and it seems that it is the last year for tuning with Diablosport (without ordering an unlocked PCM) and without issues especially if you have the 6 speed trans.
Otherwise you will have some odd things happenning ONLY if you want to tune the 8 speed trans shifting points and firmess. Look at Boostedmotorsports videos, he explain his problem with Diablosport very well.

It's only some of the '14 8speeds, but I agree Diablo's response on that whole situation was garbage. Also IMO the Diablo 8 speed tunes BLOW, on both my '17 392 A8 and my '16 Ram they shifted like crap. Luckily I only ran them for testing since Greene tuned both my ECM and TCM on both of them. For a '14 I would only be going HP tuners, especially since you don't have to fool with the PCM unlocking.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
IMHO the difference between a custom tune and the canned tunes is night and day. Either Hemifever or a Greene custom tune will be much better than what you get from Diablo.
Jay

OP
OP
Doodoo972

Doodoo972

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes Jay I agreed. I just wanted to wait until I have my shorties installed before asking for an hemifever or a Greene tune.
I' ll also planed to cam my truck but I need to wait until I've got the money to do it.
Do I have to buy another hemifever tune then. Maybe I' ll wait until I' ve the cam done?

What do you think about that?

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
I think its $150 for tune for cam upgrade.
Greene tune already setup for with or without headers for o2 sensors.
So adding tune before headers makes no difference.
Adjustments can be made to tune later on at no charge as long as there is no cam change.

OP
OP
Doodoo972

Doodoo972

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's strange because it's loading perfectly for me. I just try and it's working

DaleSander

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
so, I haven't gone to buying a custom tune yet.. lol still playing with the canned tunes.. does anyone know what the difference is on the 91 octane between the 91 and the diablo tune?

DaleSander

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hy, everybody.

So, question for you.. I am new to this tuner and am also running the 91 octane (Diablo) tune.. what doe the throttle booster do? Also, do you know what the difference is between the standard 91 octane and the Diablo 91 tune?

Thank you!

OP
OP
Doodoo972

Doodoo972

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The throttle booster just make the engine more responsive when you hit the pedal.You have less latency.
I don't know the difference between the two tunes. I think that they are the same. Personnally I have only one 91 octane tune in my I3.

Meanwhile I went to HF stage 1 91 octane tune and they go further in the vehicule tuning. More "everything" than you can go with the canned settings. It's another world

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
so, I haven't gone to buying a custom tune yet.. lol still playing with the canned tunes.. does anyone know what the difference is on the 91 octane between the 91 and the diablo tune?

The 91 and the Diablo are similar. The Diablo is another variation or the 91. It is supposed to be their “best” tune out of the canned ones.

DaleSander

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The throttle booster just make the engine more responsive when you hit the pedal.You have less latency.
I don't know the difference between the two tunes. I think that they are the same. Personnally I have only one 91 octane tune in my I3.

Meanwhile I went to HF stage 1 91 octane tune and they go further in the vehicule tuning. More "everything" than you can go with the canned settings. It's another world
Thanks for the info!

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

DaleSander

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The 91 and the Diablo are similar. The Diablo is another variation or the 91. It is supposed to be their “best” tune out of the canned ones.

Thanks, that's what I was thinking but wasn't sure lol

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk