Diablo Intune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Graniteman 76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just got a Intune for my 09 ram 1500 5.7 and while it woke it up a little i am looking to see if any one has some parameter changes that push it a little further. Like to gain some knowledge in tuning the trans for more firmer shifts.

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
Sorry but the canned diablo tunes are kind of weak. Bully Dog or Superchips especially have stronger tunes. Now a custom tune will open the thing up for you for sure. If you have the throttle boost on the Intune like I have on my Trinity then increase that up to 10-15% and that will give it much better throttle response. Look into a Hemifever or WhiteLightning or "that other guys" tunes and you won't be disappointed. I run a Hemifever 93 tune and I love it!

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
Sean is a vendor on here. You can also contact
matt at moes performance. He can hook u up as well with HF tune. Matt also sells all kinds of stuff for our trucks. I know most of the stuff I have on mine I got from him.

Last edited:

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
HF tune all the way.
OR, if you're concerned about increased power for the long haul, find yourself a tuner shop with a dyno and have a proper dyno tune done. A friend recently put a DS Trinty on his 4.7 and got reasonable gains with the canned tune. We thought he might eek out 10hp more with a custom tune. He did (11hp) but he also gained 22hp more in the midrange where he was lean and no offense to Sean, but I don't know if he'd be able to see that in a data log.

jmgak47

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 1500 Express QC 8 Speed
Lots to be gained, 4th gen knock sensors are way to sensitive stock and in the canned tunes, picking up all kinds of false knock hindering performance.

jmgak47

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 1500 Express QC 8 Speed
HF tune all the way.
OR, if you're concerned about increased power for the long haul, find yourself a tuner shop with a dyno and have a proper dyno tune done. A friend recently put a DS Trinty on his 4.7 and got reasonable gains with the canned tune. We thought he might eek out 10hp more with a custom tune. He did (11hp) but he also gained 22hp more in the midrange where he was lean and no offense to Sean, but I don't know if he'd be able to see that in a data log.

Which is why a log from a wideband is key or knowing the setup from another truck and run the tune slightly richer to be safe since there is no way to monitor. The handheld can only see fuel trims in closed loop.

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Is the Intune capable of everything the Trinity can do in terms of tuning, and data logging? You basically just lose the ability to have the custom gauges, and the "drag strip" stuff?

iam_canadian22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Is the Intune capable of everything the Trinity can do in terms of tuning, and data logging? You basically just lose the ability to have the custom gauges, and the "drag strip" stuff?

Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk