did i just waste $140?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jarhead57

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 4x4 CC Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
We're discussing two things in this thread. Which of the two things are you referring to?

Yeah....brain fart...lol The Vararam...we are 100 miles from anywhere, in any direction here.....so any help with MPG is a good thing.

Last edited:

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
i havent noticed any notable difference in mpgs with mine. stock intake flows pretty well. if your only reason for buying it is mpg gains, its not worth the money.

Jarhead57

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 4x4 CC Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
i havent noticed any notable difference in mpgs with mine. stock intake flows pretty well. if your only reason for buying it is mpg gains, its not worth the money.

Answers my question....I am old enough that I "outgrew" the it's pretty and sounds good stage.....lol

BoldAdventure

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I saw a decrease because it's performance "kick in the pants" is noticeable and I can't keep my foot off the gas pedal because of it.

OP
OP
T

Turbo Brian

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OMG, this vararam is a PITA to install. 2hrs later and it still wont fit. where am i supposed to move the relay thing attached to the horn? it says move in front of the horn in the instructions. does it just flop around up there? unless im missing something obvious... i moved the wire conduit running across in front and that sorta helps but the bracket/relay is in the way and even with it out of the way, i cant get the front of the whole unit to sit low enough. i had a far easier time (and less time spent) building my own CAI kit from ABS plastic tubes from home depot for a previous car. the **** poor instructions dont help. the horrid picture makes it look like the front flap sits over the main unit but the inserts seem to be designed such that it bolts under. if i cant get it done before dark, ill probably just send it back. catch can was a breeze, so that went well. 10min. done.

OP
OP
T

Turbo Brian

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
?? Took like 10 mins to install.
must be nice. i googled some pics and some have the front flap under the main piece, some on top. i moved it on top and it gave me a little more room around the AC line even though it seems incorrect based on the threaded inserts. the relay i guess i didnt need to move, just wire conduit. hood closes really tight so i hope im not deforming the piece but its in there and i drove it to taco bell for dinner and it seemed ok. :favorites13:

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
must be nice. i googled some pics and some have the front flap under the main piece, some on top. i moved it on top and it gave me a little more room around the AC line even though it seems incorrect based on the threaded inserts. the relay i guess i didnt need to move, just wire conduit. hood closes really tight so i hope im not deforming the piece but its in there and i drove it to taco bell for dinner and it seemed ok. :favorites13:

Congrats on getting it done! I cut a little notch out of mine so it wouldn't rest on the ac line.

Btw, you need to change your signature! Truck ain't stock no more. Lol:favorites13: