Didn't Know My Truck Had an Alarm...HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bluesmoke91

2nd GEN Site Mod
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
is this a stock alarm or aftermarket? any of u guys have this installed as well? after 2 years of driving my truck i just found out it has an alarm. i have never had a little control for it so i never knew i had an alarm. i do not have electronic locks so all i use is key to unlock doors. does anyone have info on this? also, can i use an OEM dodge remote and program it to this alarm?
2011-05-22_18-39-56_814.jpg

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
DEI Manufactures alarm systems. That could be for a viper or another type. Check the truck, thats the only way to find out.

Follow the wires from the siren.

OP
OP
Bluesmoke91

Bluesmoke91

2nd GEN Site Mod
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
the things got a killswitch too..i found the little button waaay hidden under the dashboard near the parking brake pedal...im having trouble finding info on what type of brand this alarm is...DEI manufactures several alarms like Viper, Hornet etc....just dont know what mine is

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
the things got a killswitch too..i found the little button waaay hidden under the dashboard near the parking brake pedal...im having trouble finding info on what type of brand this alarm is...DEI manufactures several alarms like Viper, Hornet etc....just dont know what mine is

Gather as much info like numbers and stuff and call them...I am sure they can point you in the right direction.

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
can't find the brain of the system? usually they put it under the dash on the drivers side.

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Calling them with numbers will not do anything. You need to find the "brain" which will be hooked up from the siren.

OP
OP
Bluesmoke91

Bluesmoke91

2nd GEN Site Mod
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
k so i followed the siren wires through the firewall and found the brain..apparently it a Rattler Model 250...never heard of it but ima do some research on it right now and see if i could get a replacement remote.