Disable Daytime Running Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drdan524

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I just purchased my 2010 Ram 1500 and it is a model that was built for Canada. Tomorrow I have to take it to the dealership so they can fix my remote starter. I am wondering if they can disable the daytime running lights that Canada requires. Has anybody had this done? I assume the dealer has to do it with either the STARscan or the WiTech. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

And I know someone is going to ask why I want this. My reason is because I live in the backwoods in upstate NY where it is about 12 miles between traffic lights and 2 or 3 miles between street lights. The previous owner installed HID low beams which work great for a short distance. But since the high beams are still halogen, the high beams are worse than the low beams. So I would like to install HID in the high beams so I can see the deer jumping through the road and I don't hit any.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Can you install the HID'S in the highs though? It should be a different bulb type for the highs, which would mean new HID kit

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine came from Canada too. Just changed the country code from Canada to us. That took care of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ohiogrown

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 CCSB, 2011 ccsb, 2012 5500, 2016 5500, 2017 ccsb wxpress
Engine
4.7, 4.7, 6.7, 6.7, 5.7
Does the high have a projector lens? If not the hids I've seen in a reflector lens end up looking like a di So ball on the road.

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I just purchased my 2010 Ram 1500 and it is a model that was built for Canada. Tomorrow I have to take it to the dealership so they can fix my remote starter. I am wondering if they can disable the daytime running lights that Canada requires. Has anybody had this done? I assume the dealer has to do it with either the STARscan or the WiTech. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

And I know someone is going to ask why I want this. My reason is because I live in the backwoods in upstate NY where it is about 12 miles between traffic lights and 2 or 3 miles between street lights. The previous owner installed HID low beams which work great for a short distance. But since the high beams are still halogen, the high beams are worse than the low beams. So I would like to install HID in the high beams so I can see the deer jumping through the road and I don't hit any.

HIDs aren't the greatest for high beams unless you turn them on and run for miles. They take 10 seconds or so to get to full brightness, so if your commute is anything like mine by the time you turn them on and they reach full brightness they get shut right back off. Also the turning on and off isn't that good on the ballasts.

OP
OP
Drdan524

Drdan524

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Stopped to pickup my truck and the dealership didn't have a clue about country codes or anything. Can someone get me instructions so I can hand them to the dealer?

InspectGWS

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 JEEP GC SRT8
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Stopped to pickup my truck and the dealership didn't have a clue about country codes or anything. Can someone get me instructions so I can hand them to the dealer?

What kind of head lights do you have? Quads or Projectors?

OP
OP
Drdan524

Drdan524

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Just got off the phone with a dealership near Buffalo, NY. They said there is no way to do it, yet people on the and other forums have enable and disabled DRL's. Any other ways to get the directions on how to do it?

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Find another dealer. I work at a dealer and did it on my 2010 that should be exactly like yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Get Alfa OBD and a Bluetooth mx, you can change tons of settings including country code and drl settings. It will run you about $115, about the same as a dealer would charge, if you find one that will do it.