new to Morimoto xb headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaper338

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi im am new to morimoto xb headlights , I just had shop install them this afternoon, so being that they are not halogen , am I suppose to have brights or not ? I have the running lights , the what I think are the normal night time lights then when I turn the knob all the way to the right the running lights and the two lights in the middle turn on but when I go to use the lever on the column to let someone know they have high beams on there is nothing , is that normal for these lights ?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
What version of the headlights do you have?

OP
OP
Reaper338

Reaper338

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you for commenting ! How do I find that ? The ones I got were the
XB LED Headlights: Dodge Ram (09-18) (Pair / ASM) I got them from the morimoto website directly , they don't have the amber drl's .

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
You description of the headlights sounded odd talking about lights in the the middle. When looking at headlights, the projector on the outside is your low beam, the one on the inside is the high beam.
Test the headlights with the ignition on but the engine not running, this should bypass the CANbus monitoring of the headlights. If they headlights don't work properly then double check all the connections

OP
OP
Reaper338

Reaper338

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Welp im an idiot ! lol, the headlights work fine they were working the whole time correctly , note to self , dont try your brights in broad daylight while the sun is out :emotions122:
guess I was just over excited and wanted to make sure they working , nope just an idiot , 200.gif