Dodge bad customer service

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just figured he was a troll, we tend to get them every now and then. Esp when the first and only post is in that tone.

A picture of what failed might help, other wise I have to go out in the cold and snow to look at mine to see if there is an easy fix :)

Too funny..... Duck tape work, tape shut??? I have no clue wat to suggest. Cannot say ne thing else, PC PO PO. lol

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Last edited:

Octane

Reaction score
If one would just put reman parts from Autozone they come with lifetime warranty.Most parts on my 77 Chevy have the lifetime warranty.Just replaced a 17 yo alternator.Maybe they need to strip off the parts on that Ram now and put those lifetime guaranteed parts on it.lol

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Pretty sure they're is no extended warranty that would cover interior parts like this. Even maxcare lifetime doesn't cover it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

But are you sure or is that you're opinion. Did you buy an extended warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
But are you sure or is that you're sic opinion. Did you buy an extended warranty.

Oh, I'm sure.

I'm sure that anyone who makes a stink about a <$100 fix on an issue that is thousands of miles past warranty is totally off the radar of "reasonably expected repair/fix/update" from any manufacturer of any product.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I did ..maxcare lifetime. And in the list of what is not covered is basically everything in the interior.

Once I get to a pc I will grab a copy of the contract and paste the relevant section here.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

"THE PLAN WILL NOT COVER, OR APPLY TO LOSS OR EXPENSE RESULTING FROM:"

"Interior - trim; carpet; upholstery; dash pad; door and window handles; knobs; buttons; moldings; arm rests and head liner; cargo cover; cosmetic appearance; torn/worn/soiled;"

So all a dealer needs to do is make sure the way they write up a broken glovebox fits into "trim" or "cosmetic appearance" or "dash pad" or even a knob or button. Basically they can "write off" having to do any extended warranty work on it.

Octane

Reaction score
Back in the 1980s anyway Chevy dealer would fix some small thing if the warranty was only expired by a couple thousand miles,if you insisted.If you were a repeat buyer especially.Everyone else could take a hike.Back in the era of 12.000 mile warranties.When Chrysler started those 7 yr/ 70 thousand mile warranties everyone thought they were crazy back then.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The blower motor died in my 2001 Infiniti i30, about 6 months out of warranty. Local Infiniti dealer had zero issue goodwilling it.

Transmission died in our 2003 Acura TL, outside of the factory and then the extended warranty Honda added because the trans was known to be an isssue. They covered 96% of the cost of a replacement transmission installed at the Acura dealer.

Point being, at least some brands/dealers can still goodwill if they want to. I dont work at a RAM dealer so the only thing I know of are stories about how hard it is to get FCA to pay out. Are they true? No idea....maybe they are, maybe dealers are using it as an excuse to not cover stuff. But I think if they really wanted to, they could.

Maybe not a replacement transmission, but goodwilling small stuff would go a long way on both sides (help the customer out and help the customer want to come back to the dealership)

Octane

Reaction score
The blower motor died in my 2001 Infiniti i30, about 6 months out of warranty. Local Infiniti dealer had zero issue goodwilling it.

Transmission died in our 2003 Acura TL, outside of the factory and then the extended warranty Honda added because the trans was known to be an isssue. They covered 96% of the cost of a replacement transmission installed at the Acura dealer.

Point being, at least some brands/dealers can still goodwill if they want to. I dont work at a RAM dealer so the only thing I know of are stories about how hard it is to get FCA to pay out. Are they true? No idea....maybe they are, maybe dealers are using it as an excuse to not cover stuff. But I think if they really wanted to, they could.

Maybe not a replacement transmission, but goodwilling small stuff would go a long way on both sides (help the customer out and help the customer want to come back to the dealership)
GM repainted my entire truck once with 93k miles on it because in two years the paint should not have peeled. The prior year models were known for peeling but not my year model.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel

The Ford dealer I use to work at did "good will" work for repeat or good customers. This was totally at the dealers discretion and cost. Ford would not reimburse a dealer for these types of repairs.

Musky Mike

Reaction score
Ram Year

Most manufacture won't do "good will" things any more to try and gain repeat business. Surveys and studies show, people go to the "best deal" they can find now and repeat business is dwindling. In small towns maybe, but people search the internet for deals, people move around a lot, repeat business has lost out.

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
"THE PLAN WILL NOT COVER, OR APPLY TO LOSS OR EXPENSE RESULTING FROM:"

"Interior - trim; carpet; upholstery; dash pad; door and window handles; knobs; buttons; moldings; arm rests and head liner; cargo cover; cosmetic appearance; torn/worn/soiled;"

So all a dealer needs to do is make sure the way they write up a broken glovebox fits into "trim" or "cosmetic appearance" or "dash pad" or even a knob or button. Basically they can "write off" having to do any extended warranty work on it.

Well I didn't buy max care from dodge. I bought another platinum plan that said that it excluded brakes, hoses,belts. But I would have probably bought it if they had offered it to me. Mine is just for 100,000 miles. And probably didn't cost as much. And I wanted it to be covered until I retire in about 4 years.

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well I didn't buy max care from dodge. I bought another platinum plan that said that it excluded brakes, hoses,belts. But I would have probably bought it if they had offered it to me. Mine is just for 100,000 miles. And probably didn't cost as much. And I wanted it to be covered until I retire in about 4 years.

And how do you know what mine will and will not cover. You don't know who my coverage is through. And bumper to bumper is what it states on my paperwork.

duneop

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You don't buy or keep a Ram because it's durable and cheap cost of ownership (God I know!). You buy your Ram and pay to have everything replaced yearly because nothing feels quite like your Ram when that foot hits the floor.

Brads41789

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
My 2019 1500 truck only has 43000 called today about the glove box not closing all the way and light staying on, they will not cover because of the 3600 mile warranty even though a lot of people are having same problems, If this is the way they treat the Dodge owners I am going to recommend that people not buy I know that I will not by another

You can buy a replacement glove box door for less than $30 on car-part if it helps.