Dodge Ram TSP B.F.D. "Chop Monster" 5.7L Hemi Cam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Anyone here with this cam yet ? Thinking of having Player 3 performance HP tune my truck with this cam.

https://www.texas-speed.com/p-9879-tsp-bfd-chop-monster-57l-hemi-cam.aspx

9879.jpg
Are you on Facebook? The 2 guys who've ran and experimented the most with TSP cams in Canada are in Saskatoon.but they're not on here. You want to hunt up Steven Cooper and Devon Brisbin. If you ask Chris at Player 3 he'll have their phone numbers.Both are good guys and Steven right now holds the record at 11.29 (Castrol) for the fastest Ram in Canada.

OP
OP
DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yup just got in contact with Player 3 already, He's actually saying stage 1 is better for my needs over the Thump cam as I will loose low end with it.

So That was short lived... lol... Just sucks I need to buy an HP tuner now. another 400$ .... yeah... lol....

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Yup just got in contact with Player 3 already, He's actually saying stage 1 is better for my needs over the Thump cam as I will loose low end with it.

So That was short lived... lol... Just sucks I need to buy an HP tuner now. another 400$ .... yeah... lol....
If you really want to run the TSP Chop Monster" and not sacrifice the low end grunt, a new torque converter would remedy that problem. With your trans being a 545RFE a 3000rpm stall converter would really be the only way to get it moving with the 220°/230° duration @ .050" or else it will be a **** out of the hole without some 4.56 gears out back.

I have had great results with the Texas Speed Stage 2 camshaft. The specs are good and it works quite well in a daily driven 5.7/545RFE combo with 3.92 gears.

TSP Stage 2 Camshaft
218°/226° .582"/.582" Centerline: 112+3

Their stage 2 camshaft has the exact same lift as the stage 1 but with 4° more duration at .050" lift. With proper tuning this camshaft idles nicely and cruises just fine but makes good power.

OP
OP
DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Unfortunately im literally out of money and the Stall converter upgrade will be next year at the earliest as I did the 4.56 gear swap this year instead.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine

You can use my name with Chris if you want,he knows me well,lol
Rick Wildman

OP
OP
DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can use my name with Chris if you want,he knows me well,lol
Rick Wildman

When I go down to get my tune honed in ill let you know. Ill bring Beers and we can ******** in person finally . lol...

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
When I go down to get my tune honed in ill let you know. Ill bring Beers and we can ******** in person finally . lol...

I'm actually in Airdrie,lol. Chris has been my tuner for years though,and once the headers are on my wifes Challenger,it'll be up to his place for tuning,if i point my truck north,it'll damn near drive to his place by itself,lol. He's easy to get to,if you come in from the south on the QE2,he's only about a 1/2 dozen minutes into Edmonton from the south. You'll have to try to make it out to Castrol for one of their Friday night street legals,you won't find much more entertainment for 40 bucks on a Friday night.As long as you get there by 8:30 you'll get through tech,but coming out of Wainwright even if you leave at 5:30 you should be there by 7:00,lol

OP
OP
DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sounds good, Ill add you to FB, Just MSG me when ever they have a race and ill come down.

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Someone snag a video and put it on here so we can hear this thing lol.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6920 using Tapatalk

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Sounds good, Ill add you to FB, Just MSG me when ever they have a race and ill come down.

What's your name,so i make sure i add you,lol.
Somebody friended me awhile ago,but i didn't recongize the name,so didn't add them,but i'm thinking it might have been you,lol.
Are you Ian??