Does anyone NOT modify their Rams and keep them stock?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
I keep all of mine stock except things like Weathertech floormats, tonneau covers and my last 2 had K&N filters. See too many people have problems after modding them and I buy new so I don't have to work on them.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I mod mine because it’s what I enjoy. I don’t drink, smoke, do drugs, golf, or go to strip clubs. I’ve spent most of my life taking care of my wife and children. So this is what I enjoy and I don’t knock others if keeping stock is your thing. As long as we enjoy what we have, that’s all that interests me. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I've added a couple of things to my truck. A LoPro bed cover, Westin HDX side steps, B2 Fabrication muffler, and OEM bed lighting kit. I'm not planning to do much more, but will also be adding a remote oil filter kit, OEM bumper step, and possibly aftermarket wheels. I won't be doing any real modifying with things that actually help performance though. Not only do you never see any benefit when you sell or trade in the vehicle, it often hurts the resale value in the end. Unless you find just the right buyer anyway. Most people don't want to buy a heavily modded vehicle unless they are familiar with the seller and vehicle history. And know the vehicle wasn't abused.

duneop

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mines been stock for 11 years. Well except for the replacement parts.

Narg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
One of the nicest benefits of owning a truck is that you can modify it, and easily too. I never leave mine untouched. Though do a lot less these days than years before. My current RAM so far only has a bed cover, and a Tazer DT. Not sure what to do next. I prefer functional mods, not cosmetic.

Simpleman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I enjoy doing upgrades to my ram thats the enjoyment of having a ram. I just took off the factory step bars and installed the westin pro traxx 5 wheel to wheel step bars. I also did magnaflow catback S & B cold air intake B & T catch can bilstein struts & shocks good year wrangler adventure tires truxedo tonneau cover custom neck rests lower billet grill bug deflector now my ram is how i like it

Ddmac

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Dealer added B&W turnover ball and Air Lift airbags before I picked it up.

DeckArtist

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I changed wheels, tires, step bars, emblems, grill inserts and hood before adding a light bar and lights. None stock under the hood and running gear. Extended warranty until 113k. Siubtnu will do anything past that either. Runs very nicely the way it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
condor767

condor767

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Life's too short to drive a stock vehicle.

Good one! And an element of truth to it... I’ve been seriously considering getting the pedal commander after all the raves I’ve read. That would be the extent of my mods... until another good one comes up, lol

seadog1272

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 ETorque
Mine is stock except for Truxedo Lo-Pro QT Tonneau Cover and a dash camera. I ordered it with every option except the sun roof. Best truck I ever owned.2018-10-18 16.39.18.jpg

NDanecker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I kept my 2014 completely stock. Wanted to do a EGR/Exhaust/DEF/etc. delete but knew I was going to trade it in at some point so kept it stock. Glad I did as I was shocked at how much the diesels retain their value. Gas 1500's don't so modded the hell out of it, and will always be a project truck. LOL

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Unlike cars, most trucks seem to get at least something done.I always install a bed cover to keep stuff secure and dry. Before that I installed a toolbox to act as a trunk instead of the cover.

R

Rogues Gambit

After 4 vehicles with not even a drop in filter, I could never go back to stock.

If I wanted to keep something OEM, I'd lease

R

Rogues Gambit

I mod mine because it’s what I enjoy. I don’t drink, smoke, do drugs, golf, or go to strip clubs. I’ve spent most of my life taking care of my wife and children. So this is what I enjoy and I don’t knock others if keeping stock is your thing. As long as we enjoy what we have, that’s all that interests me. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ditto, minus the wife and kids, though once this is Kung Flu's all over, going to my usual cafe and getting a drink as I write to celebrate the end

Like DRkNESS said, you do as you please, your life to live

BBhorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mines all stock except for the things I didn't like..:Dexhaust, tail pipes,tailgate flopping down, window tint, tail lights, hologen bulbs, ridiculous antenna,tailgate light bar, window vents ,air filter, tonneau cover, ladder rack,speakers, tires. Im sure theres more to come.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca