Does anyone NOT modify their Rams and keep them stock?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Simpleman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
On top of everything else I've done i just ordered a bedrug full bed liner i dont know of anything else i could possibly do ? But the wheels are still turning trying to think of other mods

20200429_183755.jpg

20200429_183736.jpg

redvetram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar V6 3.7
My Ram 1500 didn’t come with running boards. I spent 4 months trying to get used to not having them before finally installing a set of Westin step bars.

I do tow a horse trailer frequently, so I also installed load leveling air bags. It’s nice not getting high beam flashed at night.

Weathertech floor mats in the front rounds out my “mods”. Still even have the dealer mud flaps

Jim Powell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
My 2011 3500 is stock, except for Airlift bags. We own a cattle Ranch, and haul hay on 30 ft. Trailer. Plus we use 1,000 lb. Totes of flaked corn, and other nutrients. Made a world of difference.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Lease guys and 6 cyl guys.
and we pity them for it.

MoPowered

Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It all goes along with the American Love affair most Americans have with our vehicles.

Unlike most all the other countries being older and more densely populated and having more modes of public transportation we as Americans needed/need more personal transportation methods and with that more time spent behind the wheel of our automobiles. The only other Country that actually shares our transportation similarities is our neighbors to the North, Canada. That.s why they too have an almost identical transportation system I’m place.

So being a much larger Country(s) we personalize and capitalize on the Factory shortcomings: IE, 99% of Factory vehicles aren’t made for any gender, race, or age. Although they do follow trends Sports Cars, Hybrids, Big Honking Hemi/Deisel Rams they make them so most everyone can drive them for profit, of course.

I ain’t and never will be satisfied with a bone stock anything, you can always improve on things and that’s why I mod.

2012 Ram Power Wagon
37x12.50x17 Milestar Patagonia
Thuren Suspension/Steering items
Pedal Commander
K&N Cold air intake
Magnaflow exhaust
Pro Comp Alloys
Built for Ovelanding

Lucy Girl

Military, Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
100 % stock. No cover and factory floor mats. Just too nice to screw up. Lol. But very happy with everyone that does.

MaxSteel2013

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I mod because it's fun. I have no experience with a 5th gen, but the 4th gens are so easy to modify. The wife and I also made a deal..."you don't need a challenger"...so I boosted the RAM instead.

rickjkline

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I feel like I’m in the minority keeping my 2019 stock. Well, full disclosure.. I did put on Husky mud guards, got the little Ram emblem dial shift cover and a couple of US flag stickers on each side after seeing the Built to Serve editions with the same. But otherwise, I’m very satisfied with the stock look and performance. I don’t off road at all, Don’t tow much other than our church trailer (before the church closed) .. otherwise, this is my daily driver. And yet, reading through the mod sections, I feel like I’m missing out by not modding it. Funny! Thoughts?

I drove my 2014 close to 100k before I started to modify it. I just didn’t feel the need then. But nows a different story, I have done the Bilstein 5100 level kit, added a tuner, changed out the stock muffler, updated speakers and added an amp. it’s more of a personal thing, do what makes ya happy.

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
I will do things like window tint, mudflaps. But nothing "major"

Elkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
With my first truck there were no options other than the bumper that the dealers put on them as they were not put on at the factory. Now with a special order customers can add on special tailgates, running boards, bed steps, fog lights, large gas tank, anti-sway bar, off-road shocks and wheels and tires, in dash GPS/Nav, locking storage compartment, bed liner, and other options. All of the items mentioned I have added to trucks I have owned in the past as they were not available as factory options at the time.

About the only items I can see needing to be added to a truck are mud flaps and a winch and a shell/cap.

JD Martin

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I can't even remember if I responded in this thread already o_O

I guess it depends on the definition of modify. If adding/changing anything that's not on the truck when you bought it is modifying, then yes I'm a modder. But my mods are almost always reversible and most of the time some version of what would have been offered factory anyway.

On my 2019 I've added: Leer cap, running boards, mud flaps, front seat covers, front console cover, spray-in bed liner (thrown in by the dealer when I bought it, done by Leonard), trailer hitch cover, key fob cover. Most anything I ever add to a truck is to protect it from all the construction debris I'm always covered in, or keeping my power tools locked and dry. And I always add key fob covers because I drop everything and fobs these days are too expensive to keep having to replace.

Last edited:

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
pretty stock for me. added a Bakflip cover and Helwig sway bar, K&N air filter and some nerf bars but that's about it. most anything else you change out is lost money at trade-in time..might eventually go to LT tires when the Wildpeaks need replacing