Does anyone NOT modify their Rams and keep them stock?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine’s stock for the most part but that all depends on what you consider stock and modified. I haven’t done anything under the hood ‘cept put on a Mopar Performance cold air intake and under hood light with LED upgrade which it didn’t have new.

Also took advantage of a deer hit no more than two months after owning it brand new and had the shop guys throw on a set of factory tow hooks that it didn’t have. Truck no longer has those ****** headlight and fog light bulbs that I don’t know how many times I’ve seen ******* about over in both the “What don’t you like about your Ram” threads and replaced with HID’s in the lows and LED’s in the fogs and high’s.

I’ve added aftermarket speakers inside, bed rug, tonneau cover, molded mud guards, molded floor mats front and rear, carven muffler and tips among a few other odds and ends but, I don’t really consider it modified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Yeah I think my next truck I'm finally at the point of leaving the muffler stock and adding the 5" tips. Ideally I'd love to run a cutout so I could have stock sound or very aggressive, but I fear how the cutout would hold up to our winters up here.

I bet that 392 sounded real nice on all starts, and especially the cold starts!
yes sir, not mine, but they sounded great on cold start up.

Konrad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi eTorque
Added: LED bulbs front. Factory trailer brake controller. Factory tow hooks. Factory rear wheel liners. BFG KO2s and bushwacker fender flares. I guess that's still stock?

(alright alright, I got me that Pedal Commander thing recently and I love it [emoji23][emoji1787][emoji23][emoji1787])

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dice

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't understand the question. Stock?

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't understand the question. Stock?

I’m assuming either leaving it as is as you got it, or modifying it in whatever way, shape or form....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JF19Longhorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 ETorque
Basically stock here. Doubt I'll do anything to this truck except possibly having the chrome grill color matched.

*Had windows tinted and put a BakFlip MX4 on the bed.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Absolutely no plans to do any drive train or other bigger mods. Bug shield and mud flaps so far, and will add a tonneau cover and flip down rear bumper step at some point. That'll probably be all I'll ever do to it.

sam darakjy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Tradesman Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Mostly stock. Definitely no engine/performance mods. Rhino brush guard and lights,front side steps, timbrens and Rough Country bed mat for truck camper. Had to get rid of those Transforce tires also.

TRUCK PIC.jpg

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I mod mine because it’s what I enjoy. I don’t drink, smoke, do drugs, golf, or go to strip clubs. I’ve spent most of my life taking care of my wife and children. So this is what I enjoy and I don’t knock others if keeping stock is your thing. As long as we enjoy what we have, that’s all that interests me. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Same. But I do watch ****. (Free **** only though)

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Running93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It all started with Hot Wheels and model cars for me. So my answer is no, stock is boring to me. But to each his/her own, not right, not wrong just different.

dbctmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hard folding tonneau cover is all I've done. Probably will upgrade low beams to a brighter setup. Otherwise, just as it came off the line.

Dan Topp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you find a dependable performance shop that keeps the tuning safe,it’s a blast.Ive learned that drivability and durability is more important then squeezing every last hp out of a vehicle.

Rudy Garcia

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
added running boards, spray-on bed liner & wheel locks (at dealer). weathertech floor liners & carhartt seat covers/dash mat

Timeless

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
As mine is a lease I will leave it stock mostly. If I decide to buy it after the lease then the mods would begin.

Truth is this truck is quite decked out and needs no mods unless you want a bit more performance or exhaust note.

Even the stock 22 wheels look fantastic. Tires could definitely be better...but that is normal on stock tires.

djnelson5460

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Youre not missing out, unless you want to open up the bank account. I put on an AEM dry air filter and Flowmaster Flow FX muffler, no real mpg or power gains but it sounds better and the filter is able to be cleaned and re-used. If you want to increase HP by modding the motor its a rabbit hole of cost and problem solving. If its a daily driver keep the powertrain as stock as possible

Tracy in IL

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 diesel
While under warranty I don't touch the engine, drivetrain, chassis, or electronics. For my 2017 I've added Wetherech (bug guard, floor mats, mud flaps), tonneau cover, bed step, bed-eeze, "4x4 Off-Road" decal, cheap seat covers. Biggest thing was bumper to bumper rocker panels and door kick panels sprayed with bed-liner material. I had OEM cold weather group and remote start added by dealer.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I mod, just dont tune or do motor mods.
The only new car I didn't do alot on was the 392 Charger, tinted ceramic tint, and did MMR 20x10 and 315's....that was it.

20181023_155824.jpg

bluebeast1562

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I guess it all depends on the term modified. To me modifications included major engine work, superchargers, turbo chargers; sheet metal work, and huge lifts or really lowered. As for minor things like bed covers, side steps, and rim/tires, I would not consider that mods. But other may tend to disagree, that is what truckin is all about.

Slayer1962

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I ordered weather tech mats, plastic bed liner and steps for the wife to get in. I am looking for a nice bed cover to keep the rain out and my gear semi secure.
I bought the Hemi for towing and I have no intensions of modifying anything really. I might upgrade the speakers ?