Does anyone sell a non-magnified RH mirror?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HorsePressure

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I used to drive a 2007 Ford F-150 for work, and we recently upgraded to a 2006 Ram 2500. Everything about the Ram is far better except for the passenger sideview mirror.

In my opinion, the RH side view mirror is FAR too magnified. It's suitable if I want to study the species of insect on the vehicle behind me, but worthless otherwise. In my opinion, the extreme magnification actually presents a danger compared with all the other vehicles I drive.

The convex sub-mirror provides the wide-angle, but I find that I'm left with two extremes and no proper view of the vehicle I'm passing. Does anyone make a stick-on or replacement RH mirror that isn't so magnified?

Thanks in advance for any tips or advice.

RYAN66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I have noticed this to, just took some time to get used to for me.

mrfyram1500

2024 1500 Laramie
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Maybe an auto parts store would have the mirror glass only. You could apply it over the convex glass with some silicone? Although I don't know if it would work if you have heated mirrors.

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I just replaced the passenger side mirror glass on my girlfriends truck and traced the glass before I put it on
I'll have to dig around to see if I can find the drawing or I might have left it at school
You could take it and have a piece cut

I don't recomend trying to remove just the mirror glass from the plastic, especially if it's heated
I got one off by putting it in the oven and mangling the plastic base the other I broke all the glass out of and it was a huge PITA

OP
OP
H

HorsePressure

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I just want to say that this is a great forum.

I'm a newbie...both to Rams and to this forum...and was half expecting a bunch of smartass replies about how the Ford's mirror sucks, or how I should man up and stop whining, etc. You know, like so many other forums out there.

Instead, you guys actually took a minute to add your perspective and experience. Much appreciated.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
i just want to say that this is a great forum.

I'm a newbie...both to rams and to this forum...and was half expecting a bunch of smartass replies about how the ford's mirror sucks, or how i should man up and stop whining, etc. You know, like so many other forums out there.

Instead, you guys actually took a minute to add your perspective and experience. Much appreciated.

"like"

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just want to say that this is a great forum.

I'm a newbie...both to Rams and to this forum...and was half expecting a bunch of smartass replies about how the Ford's mirror sucks, or how I should man up and stop whining, etc. You know, like so many other forums out there.

I have this same issue. If I could find a decent parts guy at the dealer, I think the replacement glass for a RHD truck would work perfectly!

I really hate covex pass mirrors. I have stick on convex mirrors for that!

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I drive an f350 dump truck for work
It's been awhile since I had driven my girlfriends truck an I had a hard time getting used to the dodge tow mirrors again
But the fords aren't the greatest Lol