Does anyone use their in floor bins?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redsand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.5 Ecoboost
Ratchet straps and misc stuff on one side, ice and beer on the other lol

v8only

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Surprised no one had brought it up but they already sell panels built for straight drop in of subs no mods needed to rear storage compartments..i was thinking of going with a single ten

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

MoparMulisha

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I use the crap out of them along with my RamBoxes, cleaned em out the other day and now the only thing in them are the keys to my locking hitch pin in one side and bungee cords in the other . Ratchet straps are in the RamBoxes with my bibs, tools and a few hidden Christmas present for the wife haha

JiB-z

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Mine used to be good at holding water because of the rear window seal not being installed properly, now I just have a tow strap and jumper cables there. My buddy put two twelves in his and an amp in between them.

JiB-z

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Surprised no one had brought it up but they already sell panels built for straight drop in of subs no mods needed to rear storage compartments..i was thinking of going with a single ten

Some of those are so high you have to have a speaker that is set in or else it will get crushed when someone sits in the seat.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2- ratchet strap hold-downs and a stretchy cargo net in one
20 portable DVD players and 12V lighter splitter in other.
Wish there were another/they were bigger so I could fit the snatch strap too.

Black Cloud

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think they're great. I do outside sales for a roofing, siding, window supply and I keep all my siding/window color chips in one and my ratchet straps, gloves hat in the other. No one knows they're there and it keeps the truck more tidy. Also figure I can freak out my cousin next time I drive to a concert and he opens it up to find beer on ice in there!

highlandchef

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Some of those are so high you have to have a speaker that is set in or else it will get crushed when someone sits in the seat.

I think you're both referring to the storage area beneath the rear seats. The compartments being discussed are in the floor of the CC just inside the rear door. Some people don't even know they are there because the compartments are usually covered by the rear floor mat.

I use mine all the time. They are great for tow straps etc. My kids use them as coolers on long trips.

montlyfool

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
hidden compartment

I found mine after I bought the truck. The salesman did not point this stuff out as well as other things, but I did not ask a lot of questions either.

I use it to hide stuff from view when needed.
When parked at the store, etc, good to hide stuff from prying eyes into the truck.

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Never thought about using the in floor bins for recovery stuff cause they seemed too small. But my chain fit perfectly. Now to get the rest of the stuff out from under the seat(another factory jack set, jumper cables, and forget what else)

Omicron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Honestly, they were one of the little things that sold me on this truck. I like storage and the other manufacturers didn't offer in-cab storage anywhere near what this truck had. With all the interior space I decided I didn't need to give up bed space with the Ram Boxes.
Right there with ya, this was one of the things that sold me too!

I just wish the rear seat folded forward a little so I could slide my 4way lug wrench back there.
Ah, but it CAN be made to fold forward. Check it out: http://www.ramforum.com/f42/flip_down_rear_seats_done-44805/#post737843

JJP71584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the ram boxes so I never use them, they are covered up by my weathertechs...

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I've used them as a cooler 3 times so far. They work great!
Tapatalk'in

I'm thinking of drilling a hole in the bottom and maybe attaching a drain hose so you can just fill it with ice and forget about it. I know they come out and can be dumped but I guess I'm just lazy and like cold beer. I did a similar setup in my travel trailer and it's really nice to not have to pull out the beverages, lift the thing up and empty it. You just keep feeding ice and cans into it.

My salesman told me the dealer can install a lock on them which would be ideal for gun storage.

Sorry if any of this has been covered already.... I didn't have the patience to read through 6 pages.

Informal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I love mine... Use for road trips. One side usually for drinks and snakes for the kids and the other for garbage. I saw somewhere you can get locks for em too, in case you wanted to put valuables in there.

Those locks are PRICEY... No matter how great of lock you put on those things, it would be defeated by a large screwdriver in 2 seconds, The lid is way too flimsy.. For what they charge for those Mopar locks, they should include a retrofitted steel door.

About as effective as those cheap barrel locks (that were slightly larger than a bracelet) When I was a kid.. We used to show other kids how crappy they were, A sharp blow with a tennis shoe and they popped open lol.

pickupman66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have some shorty wrenches, screwdrivers, pliers, knife and work gloves in my drivers side bin and my jumper cables in the passenger side. I need to do the seat mod to stash my 4 way behind the seat. For now it fits well enough under driver side rear seat on top of the bin door.

ramenthusiast

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Crew Cab Sport
Engine
It's got a Hemi!
My salesman told me the dealer can install a lock on them which would be ideal for gun storage.

No they wouldn't. The boxes and lids are plastic and easily pried open even with the optional locks. They also are exposed underneath and a thief could easily use a sawzall to get into one. I only keep tie-downs and other non-valuable items in them.

Last edited by a moderator:

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
No they wouldn't. The boxes and lids are plastic and easily pried open even with the optional locks. They also are exposed underneath and a thief could easily use a sawzall to get into one. I only keep tie-downs and other non-valuable items in them. If you want something really secure then check me out on Facebook.

What???? are you telling me my salesman was inaccurate about something? That's it the truck is going back :) :)

Yeah.... that doesn't surprise me. the whole sawzall thing is what occurred to me right away. You could be into the those is about 10 seconds from underneath. For the gun storage thing I'm more just thinking of it from a liability standpoint. It was locked (albeit poorly) and anyone breaking is doing just that... breaking in.

Searay245se

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon Laramie
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Good place as was said to keep tie downs ratchet straps and bungee cords.