Door edge guards ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cbuts05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys 2019 ram classic crew cab.
My driveway is between mine and my neighbours house, mainly need protection on my house as it's brick and sometimes the door will ding the bricks.

Anyone currently using or know of anything I can do to protect my doors ?

Thanks

bobeast

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014, 2017
Engine
Hemi 6.4, 5.7
Patient: "Doctor, it hurts when I do this"
Doctor: "Don't do that"

Sorry (not sorry), couldn't resist. If you absolutely can't control when that door flies open, consider looking at a dock-bumper attached to your house. Available at most Marine supply stores. Basically, instead of attaching something to your truck, you attach a "cushion" to your house where the impact normally occurs.

OP
OP
C

Cbuts05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Patient: "Doctor, it hurts when I do this"
Doctor: "Don't do that"

Sorry (not sorry), couldn't resist. If you absolutely can't control when that door flies open, consider looking at a dock-bumper attached to your house. Available at most Marine supply stores. Basically, instead of attaching something to your truck, you attach a "cushion" to your house where the impact normally occurs.
Haha yes I've seen something similar online just wasn't sure if anyone has experience with this

miguelito_az

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic Warlock
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Visit your local body shop or detail shop and ask them if they can do it or refer you to who they use for those things.

OP
OP
C

Cbuts05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks guys I actually did order some pads for the house, still debating putting them up against my red brick though..kinda ugly I'd presume but I probably will anyways haha..

This clear film..really that good? May just have to get it as well

JayLeonard

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 L Cummins
You could also consider some black pipe insulation it might not clash so much with the brick.

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The also make door edge protector moldings in clear and black. May work for you if only the edge is hitting.
31g2CBKB10L.jpg

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The clear film is not thick enough if you are bumping up against anything porus like brick. You need something thicker.
Jay