DOOR POST STRIKER BUTTON

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PaPitt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
So how many years are the Striker Button the same.
My 88 door stopped closeing a few days ago & After looking at for the 10th time today.
It dawned on me that the washer under the striker is broken in half . Both halves still there.
But it doesn't sound good.
I'm just wondering how far back in year models I can go back & grab one.
I have several 77 cabs 73 75 77 . & I have an 87 which I'm sure will fit but it's stored at a mechaines friends place that I'll have to drive 60 niles round trip to get it.
THANKS .

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi
any door strike 83 and prior will thread in but won't work with your latch. 84 and newer have a skinnier strike.

is it possible just to replace the washer with a grade 8 washer of similar thickness?

OP
OP
P

PaPitt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
OK I GOT TO IT TODAY..& Replaced the new striker & Low & Behold it shut the very 1st time . I couldn't believe it shut so good.. SO My replacement I bought was a Dorman 38442 or Motor Mite . But it worked great .
.SO NOW FOR A 2ND QUESTION . Mostly the other door on passenger side Won't shut properly either. SO IF I buy another striker bolt & Install it .. The new bolts have a rubber sleeve on them . SO does the rubber sleeve have anything to do with how the doors shut.
... I'm thinking I'll buy another striker & install it. I just thought the rubber sleeve just kept down some noise while the truck was new . But as good as the other side shut was so impressive . That if that sleeve will help the next door shut .. I'll gladly replace the striker .

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

PaPitt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
Just for the record I did buy another striker . & Replaced it.. But my door did not fasten any better, than it did before. As I was busy I just kept using my truck & Let the door set about half shut for maybe 2 weeks .
& Then it rained for a week & I went looking for more stuff to fix .. SO I SPENT ABOUT AN HOUR ADJUSTING THAT NEW striker . But It didn't need to be tighter but Much Looser .
So when I adjusted it all the way out .. My Passenger side door shut almost perfect ..
So I then moved in somewhat & It shuts now better than the driver side
I LOVE it when a plan comes together.