DPF plugged at 60K

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AJNY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 2018 5.7 RAM REBEL experienced lifter noise at around 9 k miles. I left the truck at the dealer for three weeks. The dealer started it up every fifth day. No lifter noise. Took the truck back and one day heard the lifters tap. Changed the oils/filter every six months. Noise came and went.
I traded it in for a 2021 Ram 5.7 1500.
This truck has the ETorque set up.
I hate this E Torque. They had no Diesel’s anywhere.
I never had trouble with MOPARS.
I own. 73 Dodge Dart Sport 340/4 speed with 48k on the clock. Love this car.
I hate the DEF concept.
I spoke to a truck driver with a Peterbilt. Said his rig had to go into the shop often with DEF related problems. I drove old Petes as a kid never a problem.
I was thinking about getting a 2021 Challenger RT with the 6.4 but heard from the dealer same lifter issues.
FYI THE E Torque has a second or so delay when the pedal is floored.
Mark Worman from Graveyard Cars attributes this problem to the drive by wire gas pedal. These new vehicles can’t react as fast today due to the computers have a second to react. Years ago the kick down rod was quick to react to the pedal to the metal.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
So the E-Torque has the same feature as the Cummins, a dead pedal. I love my RAM Cummins but hate the dead pedal it is famous for.

Fuel35 67

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
You can thank the Feds for that dead pedal crap.

Scottly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HO 6.7 Cummins
FYI THE E Torque has a second or so delay when the pedal is floored.
Mark Worman from Graveyard Cars attributes this problem to the drive by wire gas pedal. These new vehicles can’t react as fast today due to the computers have a second to react. Years ago the kick down rod was quick to react to the pedal to the metal.

Respectfully, I don't think Mr. Worman understands the what's and why's of this delay. Think about the kickdown cable/rod for a second...You push down the accelerator pedal, and simultaneously the throttle butterflies open to allow more air/fuel mixture to flow( and a squirt from the accelerator pump) while the rod/cable actuates a valve in the transmission that must open allowing fluid pressure to flow to another point, whereby the trans down shifts gears after ample pressure has arrived at a certain point. You can time that and I'm not sure how long it takes, but it takes longer than the nano-second for a 5-volt signal to travel from an accelerator pedal potentiometer to the CPU, while the CPU looks at all the other sensory inputs and makes a decision to send a signal to both the throttle butterfly and the trans valve body to adjust to that it is being asked to do, all the while maintaining correct fuel mixtures and trans pressures as required by those systems. In....a....nano-second. 25th generation computer processing chips that can calculate PI to the 1 millionth decimal place quicker than you can blink an eye... I somehow doubt that your slow E-torque reaction is due to the computer taking a long time to react....It's more plausible that the computer delays sudden and violent application of electric motor power to refrain drivetrain damage from this. Torque-management systems, as people like to call them.

AJNY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks. Drives me nuts. Truck has 500 miles on it. Dealer says it is normal for this motor.
My 2018 Ram Rebel did not do this.
A 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee did the same thing.
2009 Hemi Jeep did not.

AJNY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So the E-Torque has the same feature as the Cummins, a dead pedal. I love my RAM Cummins but hate the dead pedal it is famous for.
I didn’t know this was a common problem.
I have other vehicles no issues like this. Graveyard Cars addressed it. Another guy disagreed with Mark Worman. Though this guy only works on MOPARS his whole life.

Mark_ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L HO Cummins
hey all - I just ran into the exact same problem in my 2020 3500 at 300 miles short of 60k. Replace DPF due to clogging. After over a year of regen hell and dealer trying to fix - they tell me $2500 to fix. Not covered, just as cptDondo indicated. I also had a 150k mi extended warranty. It also will not cover this. Wow they suck so bad. I am going to pull all my records and see if it goes back far enough on too much regen. Maybe I can small claims them for not fixing within the first 36k miles. Most of my miles are pulling a trailer.