dR Custom Caliper Covers (by mgp)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Graygoose inspired me to get these done up a little custom. His turned out so cool I just couldn't put them out of my mind, lol!

I emailed MGP for a quote and they said $340 plus $15 shipping, OUCH! I poked around a bit and found them on CARiD for $319 shipped. I emailed MGP back asked why their price was higher than one of their authorized dealers, to which they said, "Please buy it from them." :hmm:

Any thoughts on changes to the design before I order??? This is just a quick, ****** photoshop job... The black dots are the bolts. It will be gloss red, with matte black details.

I also thought about doing the brushed aluminum (see pic) with red letters! :naughty:

Attachments

• dRCaliperFINAL.jpg
    dRCaliperFINAL.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 178
  • custom-color-caliper-covers-ss-silverado-logo.jpg
    custom-color-caliper-covers-ss-silverado-logo.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 140
  • BrushedAlumCaliper.JPG
    BrushedAlumCaliper.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 131

CMil527

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 RAM 1500 LARAMIE-CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ohhhhh that brushed might be interesting!!!

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Go for it, Marketing 101....I think it will look amazing, and ONE OFF :D

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
Nice design! These are very neat, and I've seen them on some cars in person...but for $300+ No way for me :)

Yeah, I agree. They look good, just not paying that much for covers.

With that said, since there seems to be no cheap big brake upgrade for out trucks. I tempted to get some plain ones and paint them the same color as my truck.

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the comments guys!

I think I do need to stick to red and black for the exterior, and leave the brushed aluminum for the interior...

I also like this look where I remove some of the bolts and move the logo to where it's more centered.

Attachments

• dRCaliperExample.jpg
    dRCaliperExample.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 156
  • dRCaliperFINAL.jpg
    dRCaliperFINAL.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Agree, like that better David.

CMil527

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 RAM 1500 LARAMIE-CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
How is it comparable to a fake intercooler?? People paint calipers others want a cover to clean up the look, they aren't the look/shape of a Brembo caliper or anything more than a simple aesthetic improvement. No different than say putting a Sport Grille on a Express... too each his own, I dont get the need for witty quips and then people like the comment like its to be appreciated that you jab at someone else's taste...i don't get it!

BLKMAGIC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
How is it comparable to a fake intercooler?? People paint calipers others want a cover to clean up the look, they aren't the look/shape of a Brembo caliper or anything more than a simple aesthetic improvement. No different than say putting a Sport Grille on a Express... too each his own, I dont get the need for witty quips and then people like the comment like its to be appreciated that you jab at someone else's taste...i don't get it!

I wasn't taking a jab, I actually said it would look good. I was simply saying its made to give the appearance of the BBK, while not having a BBK, and than added the joke about the intercooler, which is there to make it look like it is FI, while not having FI...see the comparison? Don't get your panties in a bunch, I meant nothing negative towards the OP, whose truck I have complimented many times in the past because its clean as hell, and it wasn't directed to you at all.

DavidRam, I hope you didn't take it the way CMil did, it was not meant as a knock on you at all. Didn't expect it to be taken so seriously...

CMil527

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 RAM 1500 LARAMIE-CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No I wasn't taking issue with you simply questioning the comment as I've seen/read it before. When you compare it to a fake intercooler all one can conclude is a fake big brake kit thus my comment... No panties bunched simply an observation!

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

He said that because they have the fake bolts trying to look like some brembo calipers. From a distance they resemble a caliper sorta. At least to somebody not a car enthusiast.
It actually would be nice if they could make calipers look like the covers. Real clean, smooth uni-form look

David knows there not Brembo's, so he's not like the people that buy the fake intercoolers. lol

gunner1374

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
He said that because they have the fake bolts trying to look like some brembo calipers. From a distance they resemble a caliper sorta. At least to somebody not a car enthusiast.
It actually would be nice if they could make calipers look like the covers. Real clean, smooth uni-form look

David knows there not Brembo's, so he's not like the people that buy the fake intercoolers. lol

Hey...my fake intercooler added 50hp to my truck THANK YOU!!! HAHAHAHA

jsteinm1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Sport CC
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
Those look awesome. I like the fewer bolt option the most. AndiI say go with the red. Brushed would look nice but would blend in with the disk, and for how much they cost they better standout!

If you accidentally order a set of blank red ones you can send them to me :)

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good news guys! Based on your recommendations, I ordered a fake intercooler too! Good thing they make them in red and black to match my authentic Brembo brakes that I am ordering for only $319 from MGP!!! :roflsquared:

Seriously, I think I am leaning towards the "less bolts is more look". Too many bolts make it look cluttered.

Edit: I think this one is the winner. Any other opinions? :favorites13:

Attachments

• dRCaliperFINAL2.jpg
    dRCaliperFINAL2.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

TRXHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've seen this (or similar) for $199 made by MGP. Those look bad ass.

Last edited:

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good news guys! Based on your recommendations, I ordered a fake intercooler too! Good thing they make them in red and black to match my authentic Brembo brakes that I am ordering for only $319 from MGP!!! :roflsquared:

I'm so jealous David!!!!!!!!!

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel

Seriously, I think I am leaning towards the "less bolts is more look". Too many bolts make it look cluttered.

Edit: I think this one is the winner. Any other opinions? :favorites13:

That one looks the best IMO! Going to look awesome! This is a mod that's in my near future! I think I'm going to paint mine though lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ftank