Drag Link help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

montero1bna

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know the Drag Link has been a hot topic on this forum for a while. I had the recall done where Ram Service welded the nut on it. This was fine until I went to have new tires put on the truck (only has 38000 miles) and I asked them to check the alignment and center the wheel for me. Later that day the tire shop contacted me and told me there was nothing they could do because of the welded nut. I was searching the internet for a solution when I found some fairly recent posts of ram replacing the drag link. These things are expensive to buy. Has anybody had any luck in the last month or so getting their dealer to replace the Drag Link?

thanks,

Mike

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
It is a safety recall. Contact your local dealer about parts availability and available service appointments. If you have any issues with the dealer hit up @RamCares on this forum for assistance.

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
RamCares helped me get mine replaced but it was about 2 years ago now

OP
OP
M

montero1bna

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I already had the recall done. They welded the thing together. Now I either have to buy one myself or live with the steering wheel at the 10 O'clock position.

thanks

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Hello Mike,

Thank you for grabbing our attention on this. Should you need further assistance on the drag link, please send our team a PM, we'd be happy to assist.

William
Ram Cares

OP
OP
M

montero1bna

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you for grabbing our attention on this. Should you need further assistance on the drag link, please send our team a PM, we'd be happy to assist.
I did send a pm before posting this. However I am going to contact my dealer and see what they have to say.

thanks for the help,

Mike

chaosh1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I gotta say @RamCares helped me just last week. Case opened and within a few hours i had customer support agent on the phone telling me they would pay for everything, Parts and alignment all i had to do was choose which dealership i wanted to take it to.

Richard Kim

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
What everyone says (RamCares). Mine snapped in the parking lot (thank God). They replaced it with the new design. I had 147K miles on my truck when this happened. Ram knows the liability of the poor design (original); if you tell them that you are afraid the track bar will fail, they will get off their butts and replace it with the new design.

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
a 1.25" or what ever size bar it is doeant just snap in a parking lot. probly a jam nut was loose for 75k mi and you failed to notice. god forbid any vehicle owner ever crawl under there once in a blue moon and do a quick inspection of any components.

the integrity of that bar and turn buckle is 100% dependant on those jam nuts being tight. most people simply dont understand vehicle mechanics but im here to help you see the light

JW2 Innovations

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
I did send a pm before posting this. However I am going to contact my dealer and see what they have to say.

thanks for the help,

Mike
I've seen several go this route and dealer says: Yours is already welded, so nothing we can do. Going the RamCares route on this forum gets you to a free replacement as I've done myself with mine. Would be interested in what your dealer said though.

BLUEDERANGO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Contact RAM Cares,, you will get a new Drag Link. I actually thought everyone knew this and the subject would be history..

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Hello Ram Customers,

There is a new updated drag link repair, we are covering this repair under goodwill. Should you need any assistance, please send our team a PM. Thank you

William
Ram Cares

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Just curious @RamCares
Why in the world was I not offered the correct replacement?
Instead I received this today!
Mind you the dealer did mine before they let me take it off the lot back in October of 2019.

20231003_200229.jpg

20231003_200256.jpg

20231003_200320.jpg

Udy2554

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just curious @RamCares
Why in the world was I not offered the correct replacement?
Instead I received this today!
Mind you the dealer did mine before they let me take it off the lot back in October of 2019.

View attachment 529531

View attachment 529530

View attachment 529532

Just got mine in the mail yesterday! It’s in my console! I’d still like to have the new “upgraded” version, but no problems yet! Mines been welded for @4years now! Alignment/steering/tire wear has been “normal”!

I believe they may be playing the “cover our butt” game?

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I just got one of those today. I'll just keep checking the jam nuts myself until they start performing the CORRECT fix and not the crappy welding.