Driver door lock nightmare

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Paul291

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 v8
Hello,

I hope someone here can help me as I feel I have run out of ideas. I have been struggling with this for weeks.

I have a 2015 ram 1500 with a driver door lock that won't work electronically. Works manually.

I've replaced the actuator with a doorman actuator. No luck. No lock or unlock by button or fob. All others work.

Here is all of what I've done and checked;

1) I removed all the tape and inspected all wires in the door leading to the boot and connectors in the door jamb to the body. No wires seem visibly damaged.

2) Replaced actuator with no change.

3) Scanned for codes and got b128c "all door lock control, open circuit, last test positive, error intermittent, warning lamp on.

4) My door locks seem to be acting strange. Sometimes they don't respond unless I press the button a couple times. And sometimes if I unlock and lock a few times in a row they stop working for several seconds. I can't really remember if this is normal or not.

5) not sure if related or not but I have an intermittent TPMS sensor dropping in and out on the front passenger side.

6) I can't think of what could have caused this, but just for full disclosure I did a DIY factory remote start install. I used AlphaOBD. Possibly related if I did something wrong? Not sure when it started happening.

I haven't checked the door switch as I assume it controls all the doors and the rest work... Could the switch be sending seperate unlock signals to each door? Is this something I should check.

Very lost here and any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thank you!