Driver Side Window Switch Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Seth Zubay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L Ecodiesel
Long story short, my driver side window switch stopped working, no locks, mirrors, or driver and passenger windows. Only the rear windows seemed to work, so I replaced the master switch as the one in my truck was a cheap aftermarket one and I suspected it went out. After replacing the master switch, my locks, and mirrors worked again along with the back windows. I still can not roll down or up the passenger or driver side window from this switch. The passenger side window works perfectly from the passenger side. I am thinking it might be the driver's side door module again, which was replaced through Ram Service Center last summer. Any help on where to look would be greatly appreciated as I do not want to just throw parts at it.

Truck Specs:
2015 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman 4x4
3.6 Pentastar Engine
2" Lift with Bilisteen 5100 Shocks & Rear Pucks
Mopar AUX Panel From 4th Gen Ram Electronics
UAQ 4C Upgrade

Jstmahoney

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 5.7 Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
5.7 hemi
If it was replaced through a Ram dealer with a mopar part, it should come with a 12 month 10-12k mile warranty. Not sure if you’re under the months or mileage though. It’s worth a try to call the dealer to find out if they can work with you on it if you are out of warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

Seth Zubay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L Ecodiesel
I appreciate your comment. I called the dealership, and they said the part should still be under warranty; however, they want to diagnosis the truck again which is not under warranty and out of pocket. With that being said, if I can avoid having to pay that again I would like to. Dealership up here in Alaska wants $175 an hour for diagnosis.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I think just buy a new switch for like $85.00
Someone posted this one, has the switches lit up, same that comes on Grand Cherokee, I saved pic as I may get one of these.

841ABDB7-1D60-49EF-97B6-25160BA89517.jpeg

Jstmahoney

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
In that case... maybe check with Benny at [mention]AllMoparParts.com [/mention] maybe they can get it cheaper.

OP
OP
S

Seth Zubay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L Ecodiesel
I will check with benny as I just replaced the master door switch today and it got the mirrors (folding and movement) and lock working again. The dealership seems to think that the door module PN: 68225103AC went out again so I will have to look into replacing that part.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Seth Zubay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L Ecodiesel
Update: I have checked Fuse F24 (Drive Side Mod) and it was good. Then pulled the door panel off to inspect the door module. Installed was PN: 68225103AC which comes up incompatible with my VIN. I will have to replace it with the updated replacement 68225103AD which has to be custom ordered for $268 from the dealership. It is cheaper from AllMoparPart.com, anyone order parts through them before? I am used to dealership or moparpartgiant.com?

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Benny at Allmoparparts rocks, yes I have bought several items from him. Hardest part, dont know about his shipping to Alaska, not sure.

OP
OP
S

Seth Zubay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L Ecodiesel
Just ordered my module through AllMoparParts, cheaper than both dealership and MoparPartGiant. Shipping wasn't bad at all, $13.00 for USPS Priority to Alaska. Will Update this forum when the part comes in. Please let me know if any other ideas or suggestions come up.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Just ordered my module through AllMoparParts, cheaper than both dealership and MoparPartGiant. Shipping wasn't bad at all, $13.00 for USPS Priority to Alaska. Will Update this forum when the part comes in. Please let me know if any other ideas or suggestions come up.
Outstanding!!!

Jstmahoney

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Benny at Allmoparparts rocks, yes I have bought several items from him. Hardest part, dont know about his shipping to Alaska, not sure.

[emoji1375][emoji1375]This
I’d get in contact with Benny hell get you the best deal

OP
OP
S

Seth Zubay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L Ecodiesel
Quick Update:

I received my new door module (68225103AD) from AllMoparParts today and installed it. It made zero difference in performance as the driver and passenger windows still do nothing from the master switch on the driver side. All fuses are good as far as I can tell. I will have to test the switch with a multimeter to make sure that it is not the problem since it is a cheaper aftermarket replacement. If not time to go to the stealership.

Note:
Mirrors -Folding and moving works
Rear Windows - Both Sides Work
Lock/Unlock - Works

OP
OP
S

Seth Zubay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L Ecodiesel
Update:
Using alfaobd I was able to read the error codes of the driver side module, radio hub, and passenger side module. After looking at it, there was a communication error. Went to the stealership to get the parts, as my window needed to be fixed due to on and off military installation driving and ID check. Ended up being a fault master window switch, and bad passenger side module. Finally after another $210 I have working everything again. I appreciate everyone who commented assistance.

Reactions: JB1

bobeast

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014, 2017
Engine
Hemi 6.4, 5.7
I think just buy a new switch for like $85.00
Someone posted this one, has the switches lit up, same that comes on Grand Cherokee, I saved pic as I may get one of these.

+1 I ordered that one for both my '14 and '17. SO nice now having back-lighting for the mirror controls.