Driving Position...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RASelkirk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is it just me? I'm a big guy (6' 3" & 245) with a regular cab to boot. With the seat back in a comfortable position, my arms are straight out. When I was younger I preferred that, but now that I'm old my arms are weaker and tire easily. If I pull the seat up, my back suffers. These trucks really need the telescopic wheel...

Russ

DVC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's not just you... I'm 6'3" and really wish the wheel would telescope a bit. The 5th gens have this feature now, by the way...although the amount farther that the wheel come out at full adjustment over where it sits on the 4th gens is minimal.

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It's not just you... I'm 6'3" and really wish the wheel would telescope a bit. The 5th gens have this feature now, by the way...although the amount farther that the wheel come out at full adjustment over where it sits on the 4th gens is minimal.

x2. I have long legs, and it makes for a log reach for the steering wheel.

clay282

Black Betty had a child... named Betty White
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
6'3" and I've got the exact same problem. If there was a way to permanently telescope the wheel farther out towards me, I would do it in a minute. I sit up straighter than I prefer so that my upper body is closer to the wheel to compensate.

Reactions: DVC
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I’m 6’1” and yeah, I could use a telescopic wheel,
Reminds me of - I had a customer at a shop yesterday which bought ‘18 1500 limited and he was like 5’5”
But what was confusing to me is
He steps in, we talk a bit. We walked out to checkout the damage (door ding from someone parking next to him) so all this 15 minuets I’m 100% sure I’m dealing with a dude. Customer looks like guy, talks like guy, dressed like a corvette driver lol than all the sudden I saw that there is a boobs there :D *****, I was like WTF :D
Only thing what would give her away was earrings, but some guys wear them too :D

Neil E

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6'4" 300lbs. Same issue, though I can't pull my seat forward, because of my belly, LOL

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I thought my ram had a telescopic steering wheel but I must have been wrong and was thinking about my charger(read this thread and did not run down to check)

firebuff17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
6’7” and 200lbs here. Really wished I had a telescopic wheel. Would be a lot more comfortable in the respect.

CrispyBacon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm only 5'7" but I also desperately need a telescopic wheel. If I move to where my legs are comfy, I can barely reach the wheel.