Dual Kicker Hideaway install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yooper600

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So not sure if anyone has done this as I did a search on this forum and also diyma and couldn't come up with an answer. Not positive this is going to happen, but curious as to how this would work. I have one kicker hideaway installed under the passenger seat and love it. I recently had a friend give me his as he upgraded. If I install the second hideaway, can I tap into the wire for the bass control knob to control the bass for both subs or would I have to have two control knobs mounted somewhere?

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 eco
I'm not too familiar with the product but based off of what I found, the cable for the bass control appears to be similar to that of a headset. I'd connect both to headphone splitter and then run the other end to your one bass knob. If it don't work, take the splitter back or keep it since they're fairly inexpensive. My fosgate uses telephone lines and if I had a second amp (which I'm considering) I'd do the same but with a phone line splitter. deb950b5da57854564bba8832cddb435.jpgbe80a7e789f1873f6dcee1732fcf917c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
We have a guy in RD that has 5 in an S10

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I'm sure he does, I have to ask, on vaca this week

NeckChopRecords

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (Classic)
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey guys, new to this forum. I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Classic so it has the same body as these (I like them over the new style). I have the standard 6 speaker stereo with 8.4 screen and yesterday just replaced the doors with 6x9 JBLs and the 3.5 JBLs up front. I want to add one of these Kicker Hideaways which should be super easy but the guy at my shop said there wasn't room under driver or passenger seat because of AC tubes. Did anybody else have these issues or did I just get an inexperienced installer?
I like the Fox boxes and others but I really don't want to lose any space in my truck as I use the foldout in the backseat all the time when I bring my dog around with me. If I install a Fox box then I would have to uninstall those. I'm not sure if there's enough room behind the back seats to mount the Hideaway back there - that would be perfect but not sure if anybody else has done that.
Last resort is to just get a Bazooka Tube and put it in the back and just take it out when I take my dog around or have passengers in the back.
Thanks for your help everybody!
Brandon

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Hey guys, new to this forum. I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Classic so it has the same body as these (I like them over the new style). I have the standard 6 speaker stereo with 8.4 screen and yesterday just replaced the doors with 6x9 JBLs and the 3.5 JBLs up front. I want to add one of these Kicker Hideaways which should be super easy but the guy at my shop said there wasn't room under driver or passenger seat because of AC tubes. Did anybody else have these issues or did I just get an inexperienced installer?
I like the Fox boxes and others but I really don't want to lose any space in my truck as I use the foldout in the backseat all the time when I bring my dog around with me. If I install a Fox box then I would have to uninstall those. I'm not sure if there's enough room behind the back seats to mount the Hideaway back there - that would be perfect but not sure if anybody else has done that.
Last resort is to just get a Bazooka Tube and put it in the back and just take it out when I take my dog around or have passengers in the back.
Thanks for your help everybody!
Brandon
If you want you can install on the drivers side, pull the fold out floor. I did the Kicker VSS sub, about $450.00, plug and play in a 2019 Classic.

and yes, I don't think it will fit under the seat.
What dealer, near a PCH Audio store?

20190219_101853.jpg

NeckChopRecords

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (Classic)
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you want you can install on the drivers side, pull the fold out floor. I did the Kicker VSS sub, about $450.00, plug and play in a 2019 Classic.

and yes, I don't think it will fit under the seat.
What dealer, near a PCH Audio store?

View attachment 173776
Thanks! I was looking at those ones too instead of the Hideaway but the cheapest I could find those was around $600. I think there's a PCH Audio near me - if not, there's others similar. What size is that square sub 8" or 10"?

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
10", comes with 200w BTL sub. Literally plugs in, take about 30-40 minutes to install.
Ive seen some go to https://www.hifisoundconnection.com/ and make offers of $450 and get one.

When I do my new install, I will be selling mine too.