Dyno run

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Jwithing

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My buddies RS focus numbers. He is disappointed. We are thinking he has some kinks to work out of his tune. Looks like stock numbers and Dyno guy was even saying the high rpm was dropping off way more than it should.

IMG_20180511_133647.jpg

Last edited:

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Feel Free to Hook me up with some Kicker gear.

I was Kicker Competition Group 1999 and USAC SQ and SPL dual world finalist in my 1998 RAM SS/T
Then we may have met, Greg Davis was your guy...but I traveled with Gary Biggs, Mark Eldridge and all the team mid 90's until the end.

ChrisM101

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
valve float? Not a big enough turbo, etc...

also he didnt get one of the Hand Grenade RS engines that mistakenly has the Mustank Ecoboost Head Gasket.

customcarz973

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
On our 16 ram ccsb 5.7 with a veraram intake and moes tb , no other mods, it put down 302hp and 350tq there is soooo much driveline loss

ChrisM101

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Then we may have met, Greg Davis was your guy...but I traveled with Gary Biggs, Mark Eldridge and all the team mid 90's until the end.

I bet we did meet. But yeah those were the big guns in the Pro class. I was Novice/amateur

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I bet we did meet. But yeah those were the big guns in the Pro class. I was Novice/amateur
Yes bet we did.

Yes, they were the ones we pulled some all nighters getting ready for, then drive days to Finals ...uugghh...

OP
OP
Jwithing

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
valve float? Not a big enough turbo, etc...

also he didnt get one of the Hand Grenade RS engines that mistakenly has the Mustank Ecoboost Head Gasket.
He got home and read his data logging and he said the timing went negative. It was the first tune, he still needs revisions and wanted to use the data logging from the Dyno for his revisions vs. running it on the street. It's a 2018 RS, he said they fixed the gasket issues in the 2016 or 2017.

OP
OP
Jwithing

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry to leave you guys hanging! Had to run home 40 minutes to grab my hellwig sway bar that just got delivered and drive another 40 minutes to drop it off at the powder coaters before they closed.

OP
OP
Jwithing

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here it is. Didn't get to run as many pulls as I wanted so I didn't get to try the clutch fan on or stock tune. 1st pull was in 4th and 2nd pull was in 5th. He couldn't get any to read after that. He said something about the Dyno learning the vehicle and being finicky when it shifts so it can't be 'cheated'. Idk enoguh about dynos to know if that's true or if they wanted to get the hell out of there on a Friday afternoon. They only charged us at the rate for 3 pulls. Vs. an hour each. I told him that my 1:1 gear was 6th since that's what I read on wiki, but he couldn't get them to read and those runs sounds ded like ****. He said he believed the closet 1:1 gear would be 5th. Maybe someone with more Dyno experience on here could should some insight. I'll post videos in a bit.IMG_20180511_141101.jpg IMG_20180511_142327.jpg

OP
OP
Jwithing

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The guy running the Dyno said he was extremely impressed and asked who tuned it. He said the tuner did one hell of a job ;)

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
NICE! More than I was expecting. Is that a corrected graph or did it actually throw those numbers down on those huge tires?

hoe...

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone with a hub dyno close by ?

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Jwithing

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good job man!!!!! I had faith in you----LOL
Jay
I was excited to see that the first run hit right at 355 like I guessed and was even happier with the next pull lol. The guy had me doubting my guestimate.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
I was excited to see that the first run hit right at 355 like I guessed and was even happier with the next pull lol. The guy had me doubting my guestimate.

The correction is STD with a smoothing of 5.

So the 387 run is 5th gear? The truck down shifted in your video at around 16 seconds which is why the TQ jumped so high.

Either way its nice to see what a truck with 37's will do with just simple bolt ons

Last edited:

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Here it is.

Nice!

Most dyno operators use 1:1 because it removes the tranny gearing from the calculations. Usually not a huge difference doing pulls in a lower gear, but will usually show higher numbers. However weather variations can have a big affect regardless of ratio. As can heat soak. Hell, the numbers will usually change from pull to pull due to the later. Dynos are cool for two things. (1) Bragging rights. (2) Tuning and comparing component swaps. But neither directly translates to track times. The dyno is an artificial environment. But it's still cool to have some numbers. Most operators also use SAE correction so numbers are comparable to pulls done in different locations. Altitude, for example, makes a huge difference.

For those without a dyno handy, and/or that've been to the track. You can get a somewhat representative number from your weight and 1/4 mile trap speed. Many drag racers rely on this calculation alone, but it's ballpark. There are plenty of calculators for this on the web. Or you can use mine if you like.

http://www.mcvw.com/mcvw/calcs.php

wink

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zwingsterboss