Eco Diesel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TommyBwell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry guys I did a search and came back with a ton of posts but nothing with diesel in the title. I'm considering getting a loaded up Eco Diesel and was wanting to see how y'all are liking them and how they are holding up? I have had five F150's and this will be my first Ram.

Jerry1984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There is an Eco diesel forum that may be better for you and yield more results.

OP
OP
T

TommyBwell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks. Is it not a popular option around here?

Andy578

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
really haven't heard anything but good about it. oil changes cost more then the hemi and there's also DEF costs plus diesel might be more expensive depending on your area. really if you tow a lot it's well worth getting since that's where the fuel economy really shines. if you rarely tow you're probably better off with the hemi

Caldwell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
from what i have read. the mpg reports are awesome, but there is just limited aftermarket for mods. a minor issue would be oil build up. The ecodiesel could majorly use a catch can system.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I think most guys use the other forum if they have an ED because it's just easier. Most things on this forum are geared towards the Hemi. I have a buddy who spends more time over there now because when he's looking for info it's just easier to find.

That being said there are a few guys on here with ED trucks that have a ton of knowledge about them!

Jonesy08054

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Turbo Diesel
I have a fully loaded 14 diesel. (Limited with the Ram boxes). I love it. Really smooth, quiet ride. On a trip from DC to Atlanta, was getting around 28-29 mpg on the freeway doing 70 mph. As a daily driver, has plenty of power to get you to the next red light. The most I tow with it is two jetskis (about 3,000lbs total). Even then, I'm getting about 22-23 mpg. I had zero problems with it starting up this winter; even at temps down to 0 degrees Fahrenheit. I've always been a diesel fan. Before this, I had a VW Touareg Diesel. I just like how they drive.

OP
OP
T

TommyBwell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the responses. I finally got to try them both and the diesel was not for me. As a rule anything that starts with "Eco" is not for me but I really wanted that amazing fuel mileage. I ended up with a white Longhorn 4x4 with the 5.7. Could not be happier!!