Edge Pulsar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

HDHNTER

US AIR FORCE VETERAN OEF - OIF
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Pulsar & Pedal Commander here as well, this combo has worked awesomely on my 17 for almost 7K miles now.

Damion

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I wish the pulsar could calibrate for larger tires and eliminate the speed limiter. If they get an update that does these I’ll get one for sure

fljab

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a couple of questions about the EP:

> It says adjustable by the cruise control up/down buttons on steering wheel; does that mean the cruise control no longer works? or how does that work exactly? I love m CC and no way would I want it compromised.

> My Ram is still on warranty so very concerned that any mod would be undetectable (like the Pedal Commander). Is this truly have no trace of it if it's removed for dealer service and they look at the PCM?

Thanks, and yes, I'm interested but want to know more...

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a couple of questions about the EP:

> It says adjustable by the cruise control up/down buttons on steering wheel; does that mean the cruise control no longer works? or how does that work exactly? I love m CC and no way would I want it compromised.

> My Ram is still on warranty so very concerned that any mod would be undetectable (like the Pedal Commander). Is this truly have no trace of it if it's removed for dealer service and they look at the PCM?

Thanks, and yes, I'm interested but want to know more...

If you engage the cruise control the pulsar gets cut out of the system. I have used it a few times with pulsar engaged with no issue other than it drops the power from pulsar off. In cruise its not needed anyway imo.
Im not completely sure about the detectability but I just took pulsar out for a trip to dealer for park assist and cruise recalls, no issues at all.
Couldn't put pulsar and pedal comm back in fast enough..lol

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
To add to that it is untraceable because it does not flash the computer so it leaves no footprint

fljab

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the reply guys, great info. Nick, again, let us know when they put out the updates to it and you have them in stock. I'm in no hurry, but I like that I can put this and a PC in to up the power a bit and it won't affect the warranty. I'm trying to be super careful about that and still have 2 yrs to go.

Bugslayer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone have one installed yet?
Put mine on this last Sunday. At the same time I installed an S&B CAI. I already had a Flowmaster muffler. Installing the Pulsar was a snap! Really easy. The controls via the cruise control buttons is very cool. As for performance, all I can say is whoa! I've tried all modes and in the very short time I've had it, I love leaving it in #8. Throttle response is wicked. Truck leaps forward at the touch of the peddle. Some have complained about it being too sensitive, but I love it. Not sure if any of my HP gain is due to the CAI, but I'm guessing it's the Pulsar that's the primary source of the boost. It's a beast! Love, love, love it. And I really like that I can by pass the MDS which I think is unhealthy for the life of the engine. So if you are on the fence, go for it. You will NOT be disappointed!

EddyB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I installed the pulsar tonight on my 2016. On initial start up, I received throttle position sensor error message? After turning the truck on and off a few times the message is gone at the moment. However, the check engine light is still on. Has anyone else had this issue or know of a fix? Thanks in Advance

meedom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I installed the pulsar tonight on my 2016. On initial start up, I received throttle position sensor error message? After turning the truck on and off a few times the message is gone at the moment. However, the check engine light is still on. Has anyone else had this issue or know of a fix? Thanks in Advance
Pull your battery cable and leave it off for a few minutes to reset the error....

et todd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
so if i have the mds set to off and then use cruise does the mds come back on or is just the engine tuning cut out.this could be a deal breaker for me.

HDHNTER

US AIR FORCE VETERAN OEF - OIF
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
so if i have the mds set to off and then use cruise does the mds come back on or is just the engine tuning cut out.this could be a deal breaker for me.

The Pulsar tune is not deactivated when Cruise Control is engaged, you just lose the ability to change levels.