Eibach front struts and springs problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What you are forgetting is that the springs are not at 2.75 as they say and you are thinking. With the coil and on notch 2 I am only at around 1.5 inches of lift. A far cry from the 3.5 it is suppose to be per their specs. There isnt going to be an abundance of preload because I cant even get them to the height that just the springs alone advertise
You stiill have the stockers ? since you're taking the springs out to raise the clips can you measure them against the stockers free lenght ?
I'm curious to know why they're not giving you the advertised lift.

Also can you post your current front downtravel values ?

OP
OP
FF1899

FF1899

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok so I spoke with eibach and they took all the measurements and pictures. The tech said the truck is measuring an inch low based on the coils only set on the bottom notch and around 1.75 lower then it should be set where it is. They confirmed via loads of pictures that install was correct and no modifications or added weight ie heavy bumpers or anything like that. They saw no problem with anything accept the height is way off what it should be. He stated they give a 3mm +/- variance in heights and agreed there is something wrong. They generated a case number and said they are sending it to their engineers and will attempt to update me by the end of the day. I will keep everything up to date

50BMG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Man, my head is spinning with this thread...
Those CV/axle angles look way worse than what Mike had using the same shocks/springs. Why are they at such a tremendous angle when Mikes looked to be nearly "flat" in comparison?
This especially doesn't make any sense when FF says he's only getting 1.5" lift?
Something rotten in Denmark.
Whose UCA's are those FF?

OP
OP
FF1899

FF1899

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Man, my head is spinning with this thread...
Those CV/axle angles look way worse than what Mike had using the same shocks/springs. Why are they at such a tremendous angle when Mikes looked to be nearly "flat" in comparison?
This especially doesn't make any sense when FF says he's only getting 1.5" lift?
Something rotten in Denmark.
Whose UCA's are those FF?
They are RL uca's and the CV angles are almost perfectly flat at the moment last night I was jacking up the front to see where the angles would be with different amounts of lift. Eibach confirmed there is a problem and it is not an install issue. They turned it over to their engineers and I am waiting for a return call

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
They are RL uca's and the CV angles are almost perfectly flat at the moment last night I was jacking up the front to see where the angles would be with different amounts of lift. Eibach confirmed there is a problem and it is not an install issue. They turned it over to their engineers and I am waiting for a return call
Hopefully they get back to you, they also have a rep on this forum now, unsure of how often he visits tho. Definitely try and get a measurement of down travel at your current configuration. If use that to determine final ride height vs aesthetic. Less than 2" down travel and your ride will be terrible, ask me how I know.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I guess they didn't come back with answers ? maybe a new pair of springs ? if they didn't i'll return those Eibach parts along with a picture of my middle finger with the case number attached demanding a refund ASAP.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Or you can just move up the clips and be done with it, lol
We want to see how the thing looks like at 3.5" ******** it :)

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Id be curious to see if the stock springs provide the height as well as the Bilsteins. I would also like to compare measurements to mine because I got the full 3 1/2"

OP
OP
FF1899

FF1899

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eibach pulled the production run from that batch of springs and the engineers are supposedly installing them onto a ram to see what the issue is. They called this morning to update me. I dont see how it's my problem seeing the already verified proper installation with pictures and also verified ride height is not even close. Send me a set from a different batch and let me be on my way figure it out on your own time not mine. But I will be putting in another call tomorrow to see where they are at. If I dont have an answer soon I will just be doing as @JB1 said because I'm not waiting forever I rather just have my money back. Or hell refund springs and struts and I'll for the extra over for the icon coil overs and settle at 3 inches they top out at I just want the truck done and I'm already sick of it looking like a door wedge!

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Eibach pulled the production run from that batch of springs and the engineers are supposedly installing them onto a ram to see what the issue is. They called this morning to update me. I dont see how it's my problem seeing the already verified proper installation with pictures and also verified ride height is not even close. Send me a set from a different batch and let me be on my way figure it out on your own time not mine. But I will be putting in another call tomorrow to see where they are at. If I dont have an answer soon I will just be doing as @JB1 said because I'm not waiting forever I rather just have my money back. Or hell refund springs and struts and I'll for the extra over for the icon coil overs and settle at 3 inches they top out at I just want the truck done and I'm already sick of it looking like a door wedge!

Damn man what a ***********. Please do keep us informed. I just got mine in today, but seeing this makes me hesitant to tear into the truck until we have some answers from Eibach. I do have a heavy ass bumper so I was going to run at clip 3 per their notes, but if the springs don't perform as advertised I'd pretty much be in the same saggy situation I'm at now.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds like Eibachs customer service isn’t worth a :poop:.

OP
OP
FF1899

FF1899

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Damn man what a ***********. Please do keep us informed. I just got mine in today, but seeing this makes me hesitant to tear into the truck until we have some answers from Eibach. I do have a heavy ass bumper so I was going to run at clip 3 per their notes, but if the springs don't perform as advertised I'd pretty much be in the same saggy situation I'm at now.

Stand by a few days and hopefully I will have a new set put on and able to give you an answer

OP
OP
FF1899

FF1899

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well I spoke to him today and he stated that they pulled the batch and did their testing and was not able to find out what the issue is. He stated that he has another spring that he is shipping to me that is longer and should add an additional 2 inches. He said he will be shipping them today if he makes the deadline if not he will be tomorrow and is going to try to get it on next day air. Not sure if it was a bad run and they were trying to cover their name or what the issue was but they are resolving it so I can only complain so much. Hopefully they show up quick and everything is done as it is suppose to. I will provide pictures and measurements when everything arrives and when it is installed.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Measure the current springs against the stockers, if it's a lenght issue which more likely it is, it'll help people out as they can measure the springs when they get them and compare to the lenght of the news ones they're sending you out, so they'll quickly know whether they have a set from the messed up batch or not.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Measure the current springs against the stockers, if it's a lenght issue which more likely it is, it'll help people out as they can measure the springs when they get them and compare to the lenght of the news ones they're sending you out, so they'll quickly know whether they have a set from the messed up batch or not.

^^This

Measure all three:

• OEM
  • Original Eibach
  • Replacement Eibach

Also, post a pic here of the part numbers, I'm curious what vehicle this 2" longer coil is designed for.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Also do your best to measure your current set up while still on the truck (Under load)

Reactions: JB1

50BMG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
So while we wait for feedback I figured I'd toss mine in for a reference point. Both springs have part #31 27 001 02 FA printed on them and measure around 16.625" free length (just shy of 16.75 at the longest end to end and just a touch more than 16.5 at the shortest end to end). I ain't gonna bother tearing into the truck until I'm more confident my springs won't have the same issue since I got them from UPS only a few days after @FF1899.