Eibach front struts and springs problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@FF1899 im not sure of your intentions, are you trying to do a 4” lift without the lift kit? Eibach only gives a 1” lift in the rear and you jumped to 3” the only option is to be incredibly tail high. Without pre measurements it’s really hard to do the math.
You mentioned that you had a spacer lift on there, a lot of those spacers require the top hat to be rotated 180 degrees that may be an issue but from the pictures they do look good. I would not recommend going over the 3.5 setting the amount of preload on those springs would definitely break something. If anything put the spacers on top of the eibachs.
I’m still trying to figure out your thought process? Are you trying to get it to be level? Or are you retaining your factory rake?

Mine stock was 36.75, with his only 38.375 after the eibachs he didn’t even get 2” of lift. Something is not right with these eibachs

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
@JB1 i agree something is very strange I realize now that he had a 3” spacer in the front and a 2” in the rear prior to the eibach. When I first read it I couldn’t wrap my head around his intentions but it’s makes perfect sense now.
The preload spacer that came with my Zone lift was about 3/8th” thick so with my spring isolators would give me additional height. 100% the advertised height is wrong but the stock suspension variations are pretty big

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
BFB742D7-C92C-4253-BD75-80BFD2C8B974.jpeg 04675766-8974-4B4D-9B3D-D9E239F55A07.jpeg
Here’s mine. Picture on the grass is the standard 6” Zone lift. Picture in driveway is with the eibachs set at 3.5 and I achieved a full 3.5 @FF1899 i ended up opposite from you. I was nose high

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
@4eyedconekiller netted way less than advertised as well. We chatted a bit and chocked it up to him having an ecodiesel and heavy bumper, but this time there's no anomalies, so this is odd. @mike19950 had good luck tho....

Edit. Mikes fenders are sitting at 39.5" front per his thread and 41.5 rear. Just an fyi. Set to the lowest setting.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
@4eyedconekiller netted way less than advertised as well. We chatted a bit and chocked it up to him having an ecodiesel and heavy bumper, but this time there's no anomalies, so this is odd. @mike19950 had good luck tho....

I’m scratching my head. Eibach is not a fly by night company that would have big variations in their product. I watched a tour of their factory and they are so extremely organized it’s scary

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mike's fenders are at 39.25 with 35's

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Were these the coils that were backordered?

Maybe they got a bad batch

OP
OP
FF1899

FF1899

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Rear coils were the back order fronts I had 4 days after the order was placed through nick

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Mike's fenders are at 39.25 with 35's

Yes I remember Mike saying that he lost height from his spacers. He was around 40” down to 39

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
@FF1899 if you want to measure the total length of your strut while it’s on the ground I can compare. I know it will be tough with the top in the strut tower

OP
OP
FF1899

FF1899

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m scratching my head. Eibach is not a fly by night company that would have big variations in their product. I watched a tour of their factory and they are so extremely organized it’s scary
That was my thought and what made me so comfortable ordering them and has me scratching my head. But I know the install was 100% correct that's why I do most stuff myself instead of leaving stuff up to someone else and all parts in the truck are in great shape. Leaving me with the only thing left in the equation being sub par spring height. As me and @JB1 talked about I think I'm going to have to compensate for the shortness of spring height by moving up rings. I will put a call into eibach tomorrow but theres something really not right

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Seems like across the board they are softer than expected.....

OP
OP
FF1899

FF1899

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@FF1899 if you want to measure the total length of your strut while it’s on the ground I can compare. I know it will be tough with the top in the strut tower
I can give it a shot maybe tomorrow but want to make sure I have a solid plan before I spend the time pulling them back out

TxReezen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well this is an interesting finding as I’m waiting for the front springs I have the struts and now worried I may have the same problem.

Been really thinking of going 4in lift with the Eibachs at the lowest setting!!

Definitely watching this thread hoping you get it figured out!!

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I can give it a shot maybe tomorrow but want to make sure I have a solid plan before I spend the time pulling them back out

I get it, that’s why I suggested measuring the actual assembly because mine being at 3.5 too they should be very close. @hodge-xj these springs are definitely not soft. It stiffens up the ride quite nice but they are a bear to compress, that’s why I’m so against @FF1899 moving up grooves, the preload would be tremendous

OP
OP
FF1899

FF1899

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
While they appear very stout right now set as they are do not ride stiff they have a rather soft feel to them compressing the wasn't much more then stock along the lines of strength needed to spin down the machine. I will say right now they ride absolutely amazing. Like a brand new caddy fresh off the lot type smooth.

OP
OP
FF1899

FF1899

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I stopped in the bay after work and tossed a jack under it quick jacking from the center of the front cross member raising the front end of the truck 2.5 inches to see where the CV shafts would sit. Mind you using their calculations of each notch raising the truck .75 and assuming I went up 3 notches it would give an additional lift of 2.25 over where it is now so I jacked it up slightly higher. The pictures show what my CV angles will be if I do go up all 3. The appear to be a heavy angle but I dont think it will be to extreme to run however I would like some others opinions also.20190407_235856.jpg 20190407_235818.jpg 20190407_235930.jpg

20190407_235850.jpg

mike19950

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes I remember Mike saying that he lost height from his spacers. He was around 40” down to 39

I was excepting to lose a little height swapping to the eibach's. Im pretty sure the spacers I took off were at least a 3" spacer. Im still happy with the eibach struts and springs. I can say they did seem a whole lot stiffer than the stocks were to compress. Just the thickness of the coils themselves are thicker. So much so that I didnt feel comfortable using the cheapo compressors at home. I went and used a wall mount compressor to assemble the eibachs.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I stopped in the bay after work and tossed a jack under it quick jacking from the center of the front cross member raising the front end of the truck 2.5 inches to see where the CV shafts would sit. Mind you using their calculations of each notch raising the truck .75 and assuming I went up 3 notches it would give an additional lift of 2.25 over where it is now so I jacked it up slightly higher. The pictures show what my CV angles will be if I do go up all 3. The appear to be a heavy angle but I dont think it will be to extreme to run however I would like some others opinions also.View attachment 162031 View attachment 162029 View attachment 162030

View attachment 162028
That angle is not the best, but it might work for you for a while or longer. I used to run bad angles like that in my Yotas, but Toyota know how to make a damn CV shaft/tire rods etc that can whistand lots of offroad abuse, i have no idea how stout ours are, i'd figure they should be tough since this trucks can tow 10k lbs.

You want to find how much droop you have now at current height.
Park the truck level and measure the gap between the tire at the fender.
(This is my coilover at full tuck with 315's with one tire againt a rock as i wanted to test tire/fender clearance, so you should have more with the truck level
47525702011_d74cb0a53e_h.jpgUntitled by RAM RSM, on Flickr

Then jack up the front with both wheels in the air, now measure the gap between the tires and the fender.
Take note of the delta, that's is your droop down travel.

Now put the front in the ground and raise the extra 2.5" you want and measure the the tire/fender gap again.
You want at least 2-2.5" of downtravel left in your lift.

The other issue i see is that now you're going up with the rings so you'll be adding a bunch more preload to the springs and i don't think Eibach will recommend 3-4 clips above stock with those 2.75" springs, that's probably why they say 2nd clip only if you have a heavy bumper, you don't want the coils to bind which is what could happen if you put too much preload in them. Contact Eibach and see wha they think about your idea.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FF1899

FF1899

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That angle is not the best, but it might work for you for a while or longer. I used to run bad angles like that in my Yotas, but Toyota know how to make a damn CV shaft/tire rods etc that can whistand lots of offroad abuse, i have no idea how stout ours are, i'd figure they should be tough since this trucks can tow 10k lbs.

You want to find how much droop you have now at current height.
Park the truck level and measure the gap between the tire at the fender.
(This is my coilover at full tuck with 315's with one tire againt a rock as i wanted to test tire/fender clearance, so you should have more with the truck level
47525702011_d74cb0a53e_h.jpgUntitled by RAM RSM, on Flickr

Then jack up the front with both wheels in the air, now measure the gap between the tires and the fender.
Take note of the delta, that's is your droop down travel.

Now put the front in the ground and raise the extra 2.5" you want and measure the the tire/fender gap again.
You want at least 2-2.5" of downtravel left in your lift.
But the other issue i see is that now you're going up with the rings so you'll be adding a bunch more preload to the springs and i don't think Eibach will recommend 3-4 clips above stock with those 2.75" springs, that's probably why they say 2nd clip only if you have a heavy bumper, you don't want the coils to bind which is what could happen if you put too much preload in them. Contact Eibach and see wha they think about your idea.
What you are forgetting is that the springs are not at 2.75 as they say and you are thinking. With the coil and on notch 2 I am only at around 1.5 inches of lift. A far cry from the 3.5 it is suppose to be per their specs. There isnt going to be an abundance of preload because I cant even get them to the height that just the springs alone advertise