Eibach front struts and springs problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
FF1899

FF1899

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got the conformation email this morning that they have been shipped. Funny they also said they had a set from that run and dont need mine back to test and I can just get rid of them. I'll measure as soon as they show up at the door. Also just an fyi when I was giving him the information on them he asked for that number and explained that it told them what run number and batch the springs came from and you have the same number as mine. Hopefully this was just an isolated issue and you wont have the same problems However I will let you know when they come

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I got the conformation email this morning that they have been shipped. Funny they also said they had a set from that run and dont need mine back to test and I can just get rid of them. I'll measure as soon as they show up at the door. Also just an fyi when I was giving him the information on them he asked for that number and explained that it told them what run number and batch the springs came from and you have the same number as mine. Hopefully this was just an isolated issue and you wont have the same problems However I will let you know when they come

Oh lovely. I will certainly be waiting on your results and measurements then before I **** with it for sure.

sequoia464

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm ordering a set of springs and struts also - keeping an eye on your developments as well.

Do you have an expected delivery date?

OP
OP
FF1899

FF1899

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm ordering a set of springs and struts also - keeping an eye on your developments as well.

Do you have an expected delivery date?
No tracking number on the invoice. Just shipped via fed ex. He said he was going to try to get them sent next day air but said no promises also. My next days off of work for this rotation is Tuesday and Wednesday so as long as they come in by then so I can put them in I'll be fine and give updates accordingly. Let's just say am sick of my truck looking like a door wedge the rake is so bad!

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wonder what vehicle these longer coils were designed for, curious to see a p/n

OP
OP
FF1899

FF1899

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wonder what vehicle these longer coils were designed for, curious to see a p/n
Me too. I'm wondering if they are just sending some from a new batch that are made correctly and the other ones were just tested as bad or the batch got screwed up or miss labeled

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
You could measure your current setup and I can compare to one at is getting full height. They may be the same length off the truck and just compress differently?

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You could measure your current setup and I can compare to one at is getting full height. They may be the same length off the truck and just compress differently?

Yes exactly and that’s why comparing lengths from stock to “lifted” isn’t a an exact comparison....example a 3” lift coil may not be 3” longer, could have heavier spring weight that keeps it from compressing as much along with some added length.

sequoia464

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

I know you have previously stated what height you got from your 3.5" settings, can't find it now though. Would you mind stating that again?

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I know you have previously stated what height you got from your 3.5" settings, can't find it now though. Would you mind stating that again?

I added to my Zone 6” lift so my measurements aren’t relevant to this scenario. But I did get a full 3.5”
Scroll back to page 3 on this thread I have the pictures before and after

Last edited:

oilslick

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Ram 1500 4x4 Bighorn Built to Serve edition
Engine
3.6L Pentastar
Well damn! I ordered an Eibach Pro Truck kit this morning and just seen this thread tonight. Uhhhhgh!

sequoia464

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I added to my Zone 6” lift so my measurements aren’t relevant to this scenario. But I did get a full 3.5”
Scroll back to page 3 on this thread I have the pictures before and after

Thanks, just looking at the 2.75 setting myself, just need a bit more clearance.

OP
OP
FF1899

FF1899

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well the new springs showed up today. No part number stated on the box or shipping packing list. The spring does have the exact same number on it as the previous coils did accept it ended in 03 instead of 02 according to the tech I was speaking with that is the batch number so it does indicate that the spring is from a different run. Measuring the coil alone it is 17 5/8" hopefully I can swap them over this coming week so I can also measure the old ones that were in it before. They definitely do appear longer then the others it was a bigger box and the new coils wont fit into the old box so that is saying something. I'm off Tuesday and Wednesday so hopefully one of the 2 I will have ever single measurement on parts we need for everyone in the future installing these. More to come boys I will post answers as soon as I have them!

TxReezen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Awesome to hear!!! Look forward to the outcome and hope all is sorted out so that all that are waiting to install this kit can have sigh some relief!!!

Can’t wait to see some photos

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Well the new springs showed up today. No part number stated on the box or shipping packing list. The spring does have the exact same number on it as the previous coils did accept it ended in 03 instead of 02 according to the tech I was speaking with that is the batch number so it does indicate that the spring is from a different run. Measuring the coil alone it is 17 5/8" hopefully I can swap them over this coming week so I can also measure the old ones that were in it before. They definitely do appear longer then the others it was a bigger box and the new coils wont fit into the old box so that is saying something. I'm off Tuesday and Wednesday so hopefully one of the 2 I will have ever single measurement on parts we need for everyone in the future installing these. More to come boys I will post answers as soon as I have them!

That's a bit longer than mine... I guess I'm gonna have to get that squared away now before I go for my install.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
my stock front coils measure 15-1/4 (for whatever that's worth)

Last edited:

Petebeard

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
:popcorn:

I also have the full spring and shock kit on order.
I'm eagerly awaiting the outcome.
Thanks for all the effort to sort this out.

oilslick

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Ram 1500 4x4 Bighorn Built to Serve edition
Engine
3.6L Pentastar
Anybody know the turnaround time on the set/kit? I hear they are backordered . How long did you guys wait if you ordered the whole kit...specifically E80-27-001-01-22 ?
Thanks!

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Anybody know the turnaround time on the set/kit? I hear they are backordered . How long did you guys wait if you ordered the whole kit...specifically E80-27-001-01-22 ?
Thanks!

I gave up on the full kit that I ordered back in Feb since apparently they can't make the rear springs or some nonsense. Backorder kept getting pushed and pushed before I gave up on that and ordered the Billstain rear's. Last I heard before I canceled was something like 5/3 for the whole kit and they refused to break it up and ship what was in stock.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I had a full kit ordered on black Friday and it was the same story as other posted.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk