Eibach Pro Lift Struts and Spring on 34's ( pics inside)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks Nick. Maybe you can tell me if they make this kit for a '17 2500 392 4x4

Like what @olyelr said, Thuren is a legit option for the 3/4 tons.

this place has a ton of info, and pics and also some good you tube videos. If you look in their blog that have tons of pictures with lift/ wheel info, they primarily do HD trucks.

https://www.cjcoffroad.com/

50BMG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks Good Ecofx.
I got the same setup from Nick a few weeks ago. I also went to the extra effort (and some expense) to allow me to pre-assemble the front struts, so swapping them out will be fairly quick and hopefully painless. Totally agree with you about Nick! What a great guy to do business with!!!

I experimented with the front end of my truck using my fork lift to simulate what the truck would look like and how the front suspension geometry would change at both the 2.75" and 3.5" clip setting.
Since Nick and I talked and I decided to just use the stock UCAs for now. And, since there was a pretty significant change on the angle of the CV axles between the two. And, since I didn't want to have too rough of a ride. And, I wanted to make sure the front would be able to be aligned properly. And, since I'm using stock rims with only slightly taller/wider tires, I think I'm going to go with the 2.75"/bottom clip setting on mine too.
That, and there really isn't THAT much different between the 2 heights otherwise for my use. I didn't want to accelerate the wear on other suspension components TOO much either, although I guess some of that is to be expected within reason anyway.

One question I have, I am putting together the upper mounts and I am really surprised how tight the fit of the dust boot is within the upper spring mount/isolator. That, and when they are assembled, they essentially need to be "pressed" onto the steel upper strut mount.
Is this because I am using all "new" parts (factory steel upper strut mount, KYB dust boots, Centric upper spring perch/mount). I thought about sanding the inside of the upper spring mount/isolator before inserting the boot, but I didn't want to risk anything being off-center, even but just a small amount...

Also Ecofx, I got a quote for $800 to put on the Eibach kit (front and rear; without the front struts being pre-assembled) by a local/very trusted frame shop and in an effort to save some $$$ I asked them about doing just the fronts and I would do the rears afterward. They told me that if I was to go that route, I definitely needed to have the rears done before the fronts then, so that the alignment could be done properly. Did your shop tell you anything like that? I guess raising the back up, even just an inch, can change how the front aligns..

OP
OP
Ecofx86

Ecofx86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Looks Good Ecofx.
I got the same setup from Nick a few weeks ago. I also went to the extra effort (and some expense) to allow me to pre-assemble the front struts, so swapping them out will be fairly quick and hopefully painless. Totally agree with you about Nick! What a great guy to do business with!!!

I experimented with the front end of my truck using my fork lift to simulate what the truck would look like and how the front suspension geometry would change at both the 2.75" and 3.5" clip setting.
Since Nick and I talked and I decided to just use the stock UCAs for now. And, since there was a pretty significant change on the angle of the CV axles between the two. And, since I didn't want to have too rough of a ride. And, I wanted to make sure the front would be able to be aligned properly. And, since I'm using stock rims with only slightly taller/wider tires, I think I'm going to go with the 2.75"/bottom clip setting on mine too.
That, and there really isn't THAT much different between the 2 heights otherwise for my use. I didn't want to accelerate the wear on other suspension components TOO much either, although I guess some of that is to be expected within reason anyway.

One question I have, I am putting together the upper mounts and I am really surprised how tight the fit of the dust boot is within the upper spring mount/isolator. That, and when they are assembled, they essentially need to be "pressed" onto the steel upper strut mount.
Is this because I am using all "new" parts (factory steel upper strut mount, KYB dust boots, Centric upper spring perch/mount). I thought about sanding the inside of the upper spring mount/isolator before inserting the boot, but I didn't want to risk anything being off-center, even but just a small amount...

Also Ecofx, I got a quote for $800 to put on the Eibach kit (front and rear; without the front struts being pre-assembled) by a local/very trusted frame shop and in an effort to save some $$$ I asked them about doing just the fronts and I would do the rears afterward. They told me that if I was to go that route, I definitely needed to have the rears done before the fronts then, so that the alignment could be done properly. Did your shop tell you anything like that? I guess raising the back up, even just an inch, can change how the front aligns..

800 sounds on the high end! Even if i added 50 bucks per rear shock that would put it at 450. 350 is what i paid for Front of the kit to be installed with the Ready lift upper control arms. The alignment was 80 bucks.

I never discussed anything about the rears having to be installed first to get alignment correct. I mention i would be adding the rears later to them and they didn't say anything.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks Nick. Maybe you can tell me if they make this kit for a '17 2500 392 4x4
Currently only have it for the cummins. So the front coils are going to be sprung a bit more than you would probably want for a 6.4 UNLESS......You plan to run a big aftermarket front bumper or plan to add a winch or some other items. Add some weight to the front and will want a bit more coil rate

Thuren makes a very nice lift coil. We can set you up with those if interested

sequoia464

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
agreed this is way better than spacers and the bilstein 5100's. Much smoother ride while still being a more planted feel. Performs much better than stock
I'm still considering a mild lift, going to use my stock springs and keep the front lift at 1.4" if I use Bilsteins, or 1.5" with the Eibach units.

Given that, will the Eibach's still be a better fit for me than the 5100's?

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm still considering a mild lift, going to use my stock springs and keep the front lift at 1.4" if I use Bilsteins, or 1.5" with the Eibach units.

Given that, will the Eibach's still be a better fit for me than the 5100's?

The Eibachs pro lift kit will ride much better than the 5100's with stock coils. I consider the 5100 shocks to be a good stock replacement and a inexpensive way to get some lift in the front. The Eibach pro lift is an upgrade. The 5100's ride very firm. The Eibach has a smoother ride and will lift the front and rear.

BrewCrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
I’m very much interested in doing this but if I do I’m reordering some new bilsteins for it. I think I blew one of mine out on a pothole... hoping I can fit 35s under my truck with this at 2.75” and possibly 1” rear lift springs

I fit 35s with the Bils set at 2.1. You should be good.

50BMG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
800 sounds on the high end! Even if i added 50 bucks per rear shock that would put it at 450. 350 is what i paid for Front of the kit to be installed with the Ready lift upper control arms. The alignment was 80 bucks.

I never discussed anything about the rears having to be installed first to get alignment correct. I mention i would be adding the rears later to them and they didn't say anything.

The local Ram dealer wanted $1400 to put the Eibachs on (front and rear)!!!
No thanks, I'll let the local frame shop do the alignment for $80 after I install them. What is it, 7 bolts per side. Not a big deal...
I got one strut assembled last night, I'll do the second today. Installation should go fairly quick that way.

BullCycles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone have a comparison of these vs rough country’s loaded 2" lift struts? Blew out both factory struts and need replacements quick. And nick can you send me a quote for a set of eihbach pro lift springs and struts for my front end? (15’ 1500 4wd)

sequoia464

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
@
The Eibachs pro lift kit will ride much better than the 5100's with stock coils. I consider the 5100 shocks to be a good stock replacement and a inexpensive way to get some lift in the front. The Eibach pro lift is an upgrade. The 5100's ride very firm. The Eibach has a smoother ride and will lift the front and rear.
Thanks, can you send me a quote on both the front and rear units.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Anyone have a comparison of these vs rough country’s loaded 2" lift struts? Blew out both factory struts and need replacements quick. And nick can you send me a quote for a set of eihbach pro lift springs and struts for my front end? (15’ 1500 4wd)
So rough country will be the same as OEM just lifted. I'm hard pressed to think you'll see a big change in ride quality. Maybe a bit firmer from spring preload but nothing earth shattering. For the price of an assembled strut, they are good bang for the buck. If you just run the road, I don't see why they won't work. Especially if you're in a pinch or don't have access to disassemble the struts yourself or to a shop to have it done. Rough Country is a stand up company, they warranty their stuff, but they have a reputation for being bottom end quality. I've heard that's changed, but I haven't run their stuff in years. It fits a niche, how you use your truck will dictate of they'll perform like you need or if they'll suck.

If you can hold out the eibachs are a bit better, since they utilize a longer spring for lift, and they're a better shock body per se. Tho not leaps and bounds, it's a bit better for sure. Problem is they require strut disassembly which is added costs and time.

Rancho also has a loaded strut, the quick lifts. Guys seem to have liked them and they're adjustable for ride quality. I totally understand where you're at, I blew my oem struts and had to make a quick decision.

Either way, any of the above products are better than blown up stuff, just how much better and how you use your truck will dictate what will benefit you the most.

PM nick@Nick@GotExhaust and he can point you in the direction you need, and he has awesome prices. When I order offline, I go to him.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
The local Ram dealer wanted $1400 to put the Eibachs on (front and rear)!!!
No thanks, I'll let the local frame shop do the alignment for $80 after I install them. What is it, 7 bolts per side. Not a big deal...
I got one strut assembled last night, I'll do the second today. Installation should go fairly quick that way.
$1400 they gotta be on crack!

Get a set of good compressors and an impact gun and you can get the struts done. It's sketchy at times, but do able.

Edit, I see you've already done one! Be careful, but hurry up and post pics!

50BMG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
$1400 they gotta be on crack!

Get a set of good compressors and an impact gun and you can get the struts done. It's sketchy at times, but do able.

Edit, I see you've already done one! Be careful, but hurry up and post pics!

Yea Hodge, I almost fell out of my chair when they said $1400...
I got the second strut pre-assembled last night, so both are ready to be installed now.
If I'm lucky I'll get under the truck this weekend, but with the holiday and heading over to Michigan State on Saturday to see my daughter march/perform in her last home game, I'm not sure I'll get to them this weekend...
I also need to make sure I have all the proper sized sockets, etc... that I'll need because I'm going to do the swap in my warehouse and my collection of tools will be at my house which is @10 miles away. Once I get the truck up in the air, I won't have the luxury of being able to head out to buy a socket I don't have...

Don't worry, I'll be posting pics and listing measurements when I'm done...

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Yea Hodge, I almost fell out of my chair when they said $1400...
I got the second strut pre-assembled last night, so both are ready to be installed now.
If I'm lucky I'll get under the truck this weekend, but with the holiday and heading over to Michigan State on Saturday to see my daughter march/perform in her last home game, I'm not sure I'll get to them this weekend...
I also need to make sure I have all the proper sized sockets, etc... that I'll need because I'm going to do the swap in my warehouse and my collection of tools will be at my house which is @10 miles away. Once I get the truck up in the air, I won't have the luxury of being able to head out to buy a socket I don't have...

Don't worry, I'll be posting pics and listing measurements when I'm done...
Awesome! Sounds like a busy weekend. But at least you have a warehouse! That's a huge win.

15mm socket and wrench
21mm socket and wrench
19mm socket and *****
17mm socket and wrench
Breaker bar for lower strut bolt
4lb sledge
Various pry bars
Adjustable Cresent
And the spray I posted. Best Stuff I've ever used. If that doesn't budge it, soak it, heat it, soak it and it'll break free.

Might be forgetting a size or 2 but those will get ya started off the top of my head. There's a list floating around somewhere.

3 top strut bolts are 15mm
Bottom strut I can't remember (21mm iirc)
Tie rods are 21mm or 19mm
Sway bars were 13mm or 15mm but my aftermarket have bigger hardware
Upper BJ is 21mm or 19mm
1574872625391.jpg