Electrical gremlins - lighting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnLoves2Ski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When I got the truck, the two courtesy lights on the overhead console would not come on when pressed. But when I used the dimmer on the dash to turn on cab lights, they would come on, and when I pressed them, they would go off. I ignored this for a while because I was too busy to troubleshoot.
Then my right headlight went out. High and low beams. I replaced all 4 (high/low, both sided) and 2 days later noticed the right headlamp is out again. Also, the overhead lights now work as expected, but the rear interior cab light is on 100% of the time when I am driving, nothing will turn it off. It only goes off after the truck is parked and locked for a couple of minutes.

Anyone have a wiring diagram for a 2011 Ram 1500?
Anyone have any ideas that will point me in the right direction?
Thank you!

Lyle Longboat

2011 Ram 1500 5.7 Sport CC
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Look at your battery wiring harness, rhat go to positive/negative. May be corroded inside the loom and is causing some resistance, which may be giving you electrical gremlins. Happened to me with my 2011 Ram 1500 5.7. I bought 6 gauge wire and the corresponding ends. Made up my own wires and ram one from positive to alternator, one from truck fender to negative, then the last from negative to starter bolt ( one that holds to transmission).
Or you could have bad wiring harness to headlights/interior.