Electrical help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Okay, this is probably not going to be received well and awfully silly of me. But if I have a complete understanding of this thread, there was a problem with the factory switch and an there is an attempt to replace this with an aftermarket switch. There is now an issue of trying to make the aftermarket device work (?).

There's been a lot of back-and-forth and people with great patience are trying to help adopt the aftermarket switch, but by this time I'd be looking at just replacing the factory switch. It does not appear to be very difficult:

Of course, maybe there's a motive here that I didn't pick up on.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, 18” wheels. Build Date: 3 June 2018. Now at 98528 miles.

OP
OP
W

walker111

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Okay, this is probably not going to be received well and awfully silly of me. But if I have a complete understanding of this thread, there was a problem with the factory switch and an there is an attempt to replace this with an aftermarket switch. There is now an issue of trying to make the aftermarket device work (?).

There's been a lot of back-and-forth and people with great patience are trying to help adopt the aftermarket switch, but by this time I'd be looking at just replacing the factory switch. It does not appear to be very difficult:

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, 18” wheels. Build Date: 3 June 2018. Now at 98528 miles.
This is an aftermarket cruise control setup that worked perfectly with the aftermarket switch.

Me not leaving well enough alone, wanted to use the aftermarket cruise with the factory switch.

I, with the help of Ramdiver, was able to get it working perfectly.

All is well and I got exactly what I wanted.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Regards,
Dusty

LOL

I think the primary motive here is to utilize the existing OEM controls on the steering wheel with an aftermarket cruise control.

Another potential motive could be, not accepting that something can't be done because it is non-standard or not the usual.

My motivation is, that I love fixing things, regardless of the complexity and the nay-sayers. Both those items just encourage me.

And I truly appreciate a motivated student, more so if they're not overly technical. :cool:

PS:I just reread your post again. There was no problem with the factory switch other than the factory logic was not compatible with the aftermarket cruise control.

We added a relay to invert the switching logic for the set/coast line.

Last edited:

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
"This is an aftermarket cruise control setup that worked perfectly with the aftermarket switch."
Ah. This is the part I didn't understand. Got it.

Ramdriver deserves a lot of credit here, also.

Regards,
Dusty

OP
OP
W

walker111

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
"This is an aftermarket cruise control setup that worked perfectly with the aftermarket switch."

Ah. This is the part I didn't understand. Got it.

Ramdriver deserves a lot of credit here, also.

Regards,
Dusty
Agree!