Engine cooling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jay L

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Long story….

So truck ran and drove perfect..still does. A couple days ago I noticed the ect gauge was going all over the place. I replaced thermostat and ect sensor and filled the coolant back that was lost and burped the system. I go to test drive it and it’s doing the same thing- this time I got a real gauge and it’s showing it’s over heating and doing the same thing with the back and forth. Last night I completely flushed the coolant system and took the hoses off and made sure nothing was inside them and out then back on. Did the normal coolant flush. Well I made sure as much of the distilled water was out as possible. My truck now is only taking 1.5 gallons of coolant (including the overfill tank) does anyone know what this could be? It’s a ram 2500 2006 5.7 hemi

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
He also has a follow up video. It sounds like you still have air trapped in the system and it is not circulating correctly. Good luck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedFlameRam