engine rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

john ham

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 and 2013
Engine
im going to rebuild 2004 5.7 i want to build it up. top of piston broke. so total rebuild. stage 2 everything or better. im looking for the best bang for my bucks. any suggestions on who or where to get parts. i will be needing a intake also because it has metal in it. it does pull camper once in a while. right now has long tube headers and cats. super chips tune for 91 oct. leveling kit cold air intake. thank you.

ScLeCo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Supercharged 426
You should get stage 11. Way better than stage 2!

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
im going to rebuild 2004 5.7 i want to build it up. top of piston broke. so total rebuild. stage 2 everything or better. im looking for the best bang for my bucks. any suggestions on who or where to get parts. i will be needing a intake also because it has metal in it. it does pull camper once in a while. right now has long tube headers and cats. super chips tune for 91 oct. leveling kit cold air intake. thank you.
What is your budget for the overhaul?

Do you want to stick with a hypereutectic piston or go with a forged unit, which is stronger?

Do you plan on reusing the stock connecting rods or upgrading? A set of the CP-Carillo forged connecting rods will only set you back about $315.00 which is a wise choice in my opinion.

Do you have a cam already picked out or are you going to roll with a stock camshaft?

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
That’s $315 per rod not for a set!
I meant to type $315.00 each and I was being sarcastic to a certain extent. I didn't even see that I missed typing "each" after the $315.00
I do recommend an Eagle rod to alot of my customers that I get for about $388.00 per set.

RonJon '06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014, 1985
Engine
6.7, 360

If you'd like to save some $ I've got used forged CP Carillo pistons .020" over stock, Molnar connecting rods and a 6.1L crank gathering dust on the shelf. Also have an intake from an '04. Send a PM if you're interested.