Engineering a simple filter location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dan Topp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Since I just changed the 19 ram and my Audi I couldn’t help but notice I didn’t need shop rags.The ram needed a pile.image.jpg

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Since I just changed the 19 ram and my Audi I couldn’t help but notice I didn’t need shop rags.The ram needed a pile.View attachment 467529
When I install a remote mount oil filter on a ram truck I like to put them on the right frame rail in front of the oil filter pad. I also make a small protective plate that I mount under the filter to prevent the filter from being damaged from debris in the road while driving.

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A lift kit solves the filter issue :p

KingAirVariant

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Still having issues with the kits, .i.e. Derale kit for the Ram 1500. THERE! is no room where the oil filter spins on next to the damn engine case to to tighten the clamps, (well, I can tighten them) but they work loose and oil leaks where the rubber is on the nipple. I tried AN fittings ok, works great, but you cannot tighten the big *** 22mm fittings. Cant get a wrench in there period. the only kit I saw that solves that particular issue is the Pak Brake setup, but, cannot get it. unavailable. so, I'll have to settle with the ******* mess. Mang!!