Error code p0700. At dead end need help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rico13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello! This is my first post. I have a 2005 dodge ram 1500 4.7l. She has 215k on her. She's ugly but she gets the job done. My problem is that she throwing a code of p0700 and a secondary code of p0740. What I can find is that it's the transmission clutch or a sensor. But the thing is that she runs strongs, shifts into every gear perfectly with no problems. I can delete the code but after driving for a hour or going highway speeds. The check engine light comes on. I did replace the output speed sensor and that never did fix it. I know when it gets cold that the oil pressure sensor likes to act up. I have a new one but I'm going to replace it soon. Dose anyone know what is going on?? Or can give me some advice so I'm able to fix it? I don't think it's the transmission. Could it be a sensor??

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If i remember correctly from my old 2005 those 2 codes meant the torque converter was starting to go bad I remember replacing the valbe body never made a diff. With the mileage you have on it make sure your fluid level is good and keep driving it until it doesnt.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel