eTorque...how are you liking it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shaggy

Administrator/Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Ram Year
--
Engine
--
Going to be picking up a V8 eTorque this week and just wanted to hear what you all thought about it? Any issues with it or has it been a dream? :p

mb33458

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 etorque
I am sure you will hear a lot of different opinions on the etorque. My truck is a 21 Bighorn with the V6, and I have nothing bad to say about the etorque. I have about 9k miles on my truck.

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
I have talked to a few that had either gen unit failures, 48V battery failures, or control unit failures. Is it an epidemic? No, but to me personally it is needless complexity, and additional failure points. YMMV. I hope yours is 100% trouble free.

yakalong

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
They are fine, enjoy you new truck :cheers:

KWal

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
I've got a little over 8k on my '22 Hemi Laramie. No issues at all with the eTourque so far.
Enjoy your new truck.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Nice looking truck. I never had any issues with either truck I owned with etorque/hemi engine. Most of the issues seem to affect earlier model year 5th gens. My daughter had to have the 48v battery replaced on her 2019 Rebel within the first month of owning it (she bought it new). Given the choice I'd rather not have it, but since that's not an option for 2023 and 2024 models it's not a deal breaker for me.

Last edited: