Evaporator core went out!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BeastNasty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What's up Ram Nation!,

Well title says it all. I've had a slow Freon leak for a while & my evap core picks the perfect time to go out, right in the middle of the summer in Houston at that. My mechanic quoted me just over $1,000 to replace it. He says $300 for part & the rest is labor.
I realize it is quite a bit of work being that u have to remove the entire dash , but is this really hard to do??. I've done some light work on my vehicles like alternators, radiator hoses, belts & stuff. But nothing to complex. So of course I'd rather try and do it myself. I've been looking at YouTube videos & already found the oem evap core online for $215. But before I attempt to take this on I'd appreciate any input you guys can offer regarding the actual work & skill level required for a job like this. . Thanks.
oh yeah almost forgot my truck info
2010 ram 1500 5.7L 4x4 crew cab

Ramzaq

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 CC 4X4 3.55 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Given your light repair work, I would not attempt to pull the dash.

You will be working in an area with an airbag and the steering column will have to be dropped from its position. Pulling the seats will make the job easier. Years (to many) ago as a mechanic I had done a few but personally would not do it now. It is an all day job for an experienced mechanic, so unless you have time and someone that might be able to help you I would consider paying the grand.

000_0031_zps862b07b5.jpg"]000_0031_zps862b07b5.jpg[/URL]

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca