Exhaust mainfold bolts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tamas Cseh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 gas
Good day,

i have 2001 1500 5.2 gasser 4x4, it has exhaust manifold gaskets issue. At the moment struggling with exhaust manifold bolts. They are rusty and all in bad condition. 4 are broken out of 12. Local service just give up drilling cos they saw cooling water coming out of driver side rear bolt when they drill it out.

I have heard that it is normal "if you pull the front right hand stud out, water is going to come out. I think it's opposite for the left and will be the left rear stud. I think the heads are interchangeable"

This is last chance to convince them to continue drilling before heads pulled out.
Engine is in good condition anyway, mileage is low (90000 mph), tons of money down the drain if cylinder heads is pulled down.

Guys, you may have experience to confirm is the above statement true or not.

Experience is very limited in Hungary with old rams, I'm glad to have any advice or direction which way to move forward.

IMG_5801.JPG