Exhaust water recovery for power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Maybe in the desert where water is scarce. Seems easier to get water from a hose, spigot or faucet and put it in a tank.

I had a water injection system on my 1969 Firebird back in the late 70’s early 80’s. A 1 gallon reservoir lasted quite a few days as I recall.

Goes to show, just because it is new to you, doesn’t mean it’s new.

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Maybe in the desert where water is scarce. Seems easier to get water from a hose, spigot or faucet and put it in a tank.

I had a water injection system on my 1969 Firebird back in the late 70’s early 80’s. A 1 gallon reservoir lasted quite a few days as I recall.

Goes to show, just because it is new to you, doesn’t mean it’s new.
Water/m$th injection was all the rage in the late 70's,ever hotrod mag of the day was talking about it.In the hi-po world it's still very common to add a water /m$th set-up by injecting it into the intake trac,especially on boosted engines,or diesal engines,so it's nothing new,but the idea of capturing the H2O from the exhaust and using it,is fairly new
I'm guessing this idea to capture the H2O from the exhaust is to reduce emissions for the average owner who would never stay on top of keeping a tank full of water