FACTORY ALARM RANDOMLY GOES OFF

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sickly-story430

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is my first Ram and I love it.

Except this issue I’m having with the alarm going off for no reason.
If the truck is unlocked, it goes off. Locked, it goes off.

The key fob started acting up shortly after the start of the problem as well.
Alarm goes off if I press lock or unlock twice. Later started going off automatically if I pressed lock once... just screwy.

I’ve done some searching and I’m suspicious of the RF hub having an issue or needing a reboot.
Just a side note- I just recently lifted the truck with new wheels and tires and new TPMS sensors from custom offset.com. Not sure if the TPMS sensors could cause problems with the RF hub or what.

Just really could use some help with this. Hopefully there’s someone here with some knowledge or experience with this.

Thank you

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Never saw this problem with a vehicle but...I made a living working on electronics for 26 yrs.
I've seen circuit bds do screwy things after being exposed to water. Sometimes a year or more later. I replaced several bds in a Nuclear Medicine machine controller after it was flooded due to a burst pipe above. Bds had a white powdery look and we ID'd several circuits that the traces appeared to be "bridged". New bds cured the problem.
You might want to open up the key fob and see if it ever got wet.
Good luck, sorry, I get wordy at 5:00am

OP
OP
Sickly-story430

Sickly-story430

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nah I really appreciate the input.
I’ve taken the fob apart and disabled it. I’ve left it apart for a while and Now the alarm doesn’t go off that I know of.
Looking at the circuit board nothing jumps out at me.
I’m just really suspect of the key fob right now cuz I think the alarm hasent gone off since I disabled the fob. But I’m going to test it some more.