Factory tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fijicorey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't really have an issue with mine either. I don't do much else than highway and city driving. One of mine is almost ready to replace, so I'm gonna use it as an excuse to get some Cooper AT3 4S on it!

Elkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Neighbor got the Michelin tires and he hated them and was very happy when they had enough wear and could be replaced. He has a dairy with gravel roads and the tires pick up the gravel and as soon as he got to the main road and drove along the asphalt the tires would start releasing the gravel and flinging it against the truck. More than a little annoying. He now has Nitto tires on the truck and no more problems.

Charles McDaniel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
diesel 3.0
Problems and safety with SRA, you would think Dealers would stop selling these on trucks or other vehicles. Frist tire blew at 45mph with 3k miles on truck. Had to fight with Goodyear to pay for the tire. Goodyear paid 75% of new tire. Second one had a split inside, got lucky. Third tire blew, this was the replacement of the first blow, with 16k miles on it, got very lucky driving at speed limit 75mph on the freeway on a curve 2 lanes and oncoming traffic merging from 2 lanes. Tire caused $2k damage to front end. Filed report with goodyear to pay for damaged. Now waiting game. File report with NHTSA, Issue number is 11205692, Forth tire, took in for slow leak from a nail. Tire place found a bubble size of a quarter in the center of the tread, with 28k miles on the truck. I have replaced all 4 tires with Cooper Discoverer AT. Not for sure if this was a good choice. Already a flat from puncher where tire had to be replaced. Some people, like me didn't know when you purchase new our used vehicle without warranty program, tires are not under warranty whatsoever. After the first blow out, is how I came to find this out and bought warranty from the tire place. So has a tire did go bad was able to upgrade at no cost. Problems is I waited too long. Just didn’t have the cash to replace all tires at the same time. When I was getting estimates for damages, one body shop was telling me another ram just came in last week for same problems with over $7k of damage. During the first tire blew and second blow and filing a claim with Goodyear. I talked about the tire problems. Goodyear response to me was nothing. Subject was drop so fast and didn’t what to help it was kind of scary that even a human didn’t have any care about other people’s life. I have a 2003 Jetta tdi, 348K miles. Never had a blow out, just flat tire from object. 2010 Hunyadi accent blue pulled a enclose trailer for work, until I bought the truck, sometime overloaded and put 85k miles on top the 63k already on it. Never had a blowout, just a nail in the tire. So, go figure, how these people can say there is nothing wrong with the tires, that is an impact.

Goodyear 2nd bad tire.jpg

GoodYear frist blowout 03.28.2019 1.jpg

GoodYear second blowout 03.28.2019 2.jpg

Last edited:

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had factory Wrangler HPs on my first 4th gen (2010) and they were fine. Replaced them on the 2010 with SRAs and ran them to 105K when I traded. Still had tread left.

The 2014 also came with SRAs. The factory set wore quickly. Found out they had changed the tread design. Replacement set was Firestone LE2s. They were ok.

The '19 came with Goodyear Fortitudes. They seem just a tad noisier but are wearing exceptionally well and have fairly good traction in snow. Ride is very good and at recommended pressure they don't squeal on turns.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Now at: 014288 miles.

BigWhiteSnake

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT Engine
Personally, I can't wait to get rid of these SRAs next week, but if you want them, NTB looks like they are having a buy 2, get 2 deal until the beginning of June.

Just got new Michelins. Love em. Went to Costco because we move around the country. Need to be able to get service anywhere.

Iowa ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've had good luck with Michilen, for years. I tried the Falcon Wildpeaks, recently. So far good traction, not noisy. The wear on Michelins has been super.

Marine Les

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001/2018
Engine
5.9 cummins/3.6 Pentastar
At 9k on my 2018 the 20'' SRAs have been perfect in dry and rain but not so much in snow. I picked up a couple matching wheels and put Cooper M/S tires on the rear for the winter and put the SRAs back on in March. The stock tires are wearing nicely and give a good ride and handle well for me. Looking at owner reports on the Discount Tire site I should be able to get 50k or more out of these tires and people rate the tire fairly high with a lot of responses. The price is not much over $100 making it a big seller and a real bargain for what you get in a highway tire. For off road I would want a stronger case but I think the ride and mpg might suffer some and the cost would double so for me the SRAs are good.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
My sras were pretty good in the snow and actually aren't a bad tire for road use. I spend a lot of time off road and as a result I've wrecked a few with tread separation so I run an LT tire now, but if I stayed on the pavement and graded gravel roads I'd probably buy second hand sras near new off craigslist and save a lot of money on tires.

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
I've only got a couple thousand miles on my SRA's, but I have no complaints other than they are soon going to be too small.... Haven't hydroplaned even in rainy Washington state and they seem to hold the road fine (maybe I don't drive fast enough?). :) I have a set of Mickey T ATZP3's (35/12.5r20) sitting in the garage right now. Once I get home and figure out what wheels I want and get the lift installed, I'll change over.

SOLER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I got rid of Goodyears after a few months. White knuckle driving on way to UT thru CO. Scary! I have 40 or 50K on Cooper Discovery AT3. Love these tires. Looked at Michelin, but Cooper were less money, and have lasted three years. Look like they have 20k on them. I love the E rating, lots of plies, and when these wear out, gonna get another set. Great tires.

In addition, I had Goodyears that came on my '04 Dually, ALL 6 sidewalls eventually split. I had two that split, and replaced all 6, but kept the "good" 4, sold them to someone on Craigslist, and he mounted them and they all split. He was ticked. I gave him his money back, and disposed of the tires. I won't put GY on any truck of mine.

.02 worth.

Midnight Storm

One Badass Ram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I recently got my truck, used with 20,000 miles and they’re down to less than 50% tread.
They also can’t hold in the rain and I’m going to swap them out ASAP before I wrap my truck around a pole.

sam darakjy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Tradesman Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I wish I had gotten rid of them sooner. 27000 miles was enough and just put on some great Nexens Pro Radian AT's. What a difference and only 134 a tire for 275/65/20. Why does Dodge stay with such a crappy tire? they have to know they are terrible.

Headcase

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L Flex
When my truck was brand new, sold mine at about 300km (just under 200 miles) on truck. Goodbye Goodyears. On a side note, I'm not anti Goodyear at all, had Goodyear F1-D3's on my sports car, LOVE them.
Agree—-using GoodYear Wrangler Duratraks right now. Great Winter Ice Water use tread design. Sticks to road. Took a hit on mileage though due to much heavier tire and although similar size as SRAs, they are a wider profile

Midnight Storm

One Badass Ram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just ordered some falken wildpeaks that are going on Thursday. They will end up being my winter setup as I’m getting some bigger street rims and lower profile tires this summer. Anyone else have the wildpeaks on a 2” rear drop? It shouldn’t look silly as it’s not slammed.

Last edited:

Scott Nugent

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was a bit strapped for $ and my friend that owns a tire shop suggested Mastercraft AXT or they could be ATX, not sure without looking. They are phenomenal tires, super quiet and great traction in all weather. They also look fairly aggressive. $800 and small change in stock 20" size, mounted and balanced.

Big Blue Hemi

Keep on keeping on
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500 Laramie
Engine
Whatever tire you buy don't buy at NTB. There 4 for 2 is a rip-off. They just increase the price. Just my opinion.