Factory tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbrown5030

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Personally, I can't wait to get rid of these SRAs next week, but if you want them, NTB looks like they are having a buy 2, get 2 deal until the beginning of June.

Buddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When my truck was brand new, sold mine at about 300km (just under 200 miles) on truck. Goodbye Goodyears. On a side note, I'm not anti Goodyear at all, had Goodyear F1-D3's on my sports car, LOVE them.

Wahrsuul

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If not the SRAs, then what do you replace them with?

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine hydroplaned twice in the first month I had my Ram, both times at interstate speeds and it wasn’t even raining hard and I was doing 60 in a 70, taking it easy, not even visible standing water. They are seriously trash. Agree with Jay, dangerous is an accurate descriptor for them.

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
If not the SRAs, then what do you replace them with?

You are going to get a million answers to a generic question like that ... All depends on your needs, wants, driving conditions, and recreational habits ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine hydroplaned twice in the first month I had my Ram, both times at interstate speeds and it wasn’t even raining hard and I was doing 60 in a 70, taking it easy, not even visible standing water. They are seriously trash. Agree with Jay, dangerous is an accurate descriptor for them.

I had a similar experience but I was going 35 on a on ramp... and hydroplaned. Stopped just before the guard rail

Farmer17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
I love the factory 17 inch Goodyear SRA tires on my 18 Ram. This is the smoothest and quietest pickup I have ever been in and the handling is great and don't have any trouble in the rain and we have had a BUNCH of rain here in Oklahoma. The tires are not worth a darn in the mud but I normally stay away from mud on my construction job sites but we have had so much rain even the lifted 4x4 trucks with nobby tires have a tough time.

Donutsahoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I love the factory 17 inch Goodyear SRA tires on my 18 Ram. This is the smoothest and quietest pickup I have ever been in and the handling is great and don't have any trouble in the rain and we have had a BUNCH of rain here in Oklahoma. The tires are not worth a darn in the mud but I normally stay away from mud on my construction job sites but we have had so much rain even the lifted 4x4 trucks with nobby tires have a tough time.

Are you sure you have SRAs? :p jk

In all seriousness you’re probably the only one that hasn’t hydroplaned in their SRAs and the only one with a somewhat positive opinion of them.

Kudos to you for making them work for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reddington

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It took one time driving in rain to realize just how dangerous they are. Surprisingly, they were way better in snow than I ever imagined they would be (not saying they are a good snow tire, but after experiencing them in the rain I was shocked the truck was even drive able in the snow). So glad to have my BFG's on

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine hydroplaned on me just once and they were gone. I replaced mine with the Michelin Defender LTX M/S. Have had no problems and the last set lasted well over 60k. I swear that the Goodyears don't need wet pavement to hydroplane---all they need is a cloud in the sky!!!!!!! That may be a little overstated, but in reality they scare me!!!!!!
Jay

-B-

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
stunk in the rain , stunk in the dry, stunk in the dry oh my
worked quite well in sub zero snow. but sucked in the slush no doubt

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've had two flats and one blowout in the last four years on two different RAM's both with the factory SRA's. They do ride pretty well but they are hard to balance and the sidewalls are paper thin. Michelin defenders next time for me.

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, to give them a high mark, they were quiet and smooth as glass...the day before I put on my Falkens I did a little burnout/donut test with them and they performed excellent. Another high mark is that they sold quick on CL with their 17” wheels attached. Adios!!!

16Ram4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The wrangler RSA's remind me of the good old pos polysteel radials that Goodyear sold back in the 70's and up into the late 80's.
The polysteel radials just like the RSA's were extremely dangerous in the rain and would get NO traction to take off from stop or sliding while braking at very conservative speeds.
Earlier this year at just over 26k miles I replaced the pos RSAs' with my favored brand of tires, Michelin and I went with the Defender LTX.
Previous experience with Michelin tires on the two Dakota pickups I previously owned was more than enough convincing to get a set for the Ram = best decision ever.

Wahrsuul

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hmmm, I haven't had any issues with mine. They were on the truck when I got it, and were about half tread. Haven't hydroplaned once that I could tell and seem to hold a line well at the speeds I drive. (Which aren't very fast) Still not saying I love them either, just curious as o what to get when I replace them. I have a 4x2, don't drive "off-road", nor do I heed high performance any more. Some decent long lasting rubber will work.