Factory tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Good Year are the worst tires they wear out too fast and are not good for trucks lets say you carry some weight they will fail they should be banned from use on Ram trucks

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
Just ordered some falken wildpeaks that are going on Thursday. They will end up being my winter setup as I’m getting some bigger street rims and lower profile tires this summer. Anyone else have the wildpeaks on a 2” rear drop? It shouldn’t look silly as it’s not slammed.

I have those on my laramie. they have been good so far. have made 3 trips from DFW to mountains of northern new mexico this year and they seem to hold the road well and had good traction on snow pack.

MarineBSP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know that you can find this out on other Wrangler SRA discussions as well, but for what it's worth, SRA's have come as standard equipment tires on GM and Ford trucks too - with many of the same owner opinions. I think it's cost accounting and large contract buys on the part of the manufacturers.

My experience is not as dramatic as some of what I see in this thread. I have about 8600 miles on the OE 20" SRA's, and I hope to change them off this Fall for some E rated tires - probably Nokian Rotiivas.

I agree that the SRA's are 1) relatively smooth, 2) fuel efficient, 3) okay on a dry road, 4) below my expectations in the wet, and 5) unsettling in snow (especially slushy) conditions. I run snow tires (Michelin or Nokian) on our other four vehicles during winter here in Minnesota. My opinion is that the SRA's on the RAM just don't handle the wet and the snow the way that I want or suit the conditions in which we drive - but my brother-in-law's Chevy Silverado came with the same tire, in the same size =(.

Wayne E

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Upgraded by brand new 2018 to Goodyear Duratracs. Best decision ever. With our climate up here on the Prairies, I do a lot of ice fishing on the lakes, and have yet to be stuck in the deep snow. On the highway I don't know if they are loud, as my radio is always turned up lol. With 23,000 km on the tires now, they still look brand spankin new, with all the nubs still on them. Could be because I'm always spraying my tires to keep them nice and black. Love the look and performance of these tires year round, and will definatley be getting another set when these are done.

billyw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My OEM SRAs performed admirably. They were silent, smooth, and gripped wet or dry. They didn't perform very well their first winter. I siped them before the second, and they did great. They were also very stable for towing. They didn't wear very well, and I was anxious to put an AT or similar on, so they went away after that. For the price, I think they are fine, if you only need a street tire.

sparkman7x7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Longhorn Limited Tungsten Edition 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Personally, I can't wait to get rid of these SRAs next week, but if you want them, NTB looks like they are having a buy 2, get 2 deal until the beginning of June.

sparkman7x7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Longhorn Limited Tungsten Edition 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If not the SRAs, then what do you replace them with?
I'm going with anything with a better ply rating. The SRAs gave me a flat with a dang rock ruined the tire …. one more and they are gone!

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
For guys that use their trucks for off road, heavy loads or towing they should switch to an LT tire vs the stock P rating. I'd bet fuel economy standards play a large part in why they use the sras from the factory.

kempo780

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
What do you guys think I can sell my stock SRA tires for with the factory chrome clad wheels and TPMS sensors? Any help would be great!
3a69ebb0d8d9ce2e0884d454a4786309.jpg
1f46b5804295aaac9009f16a17f0507a.jpg

Sent using Tapatalk

Wahrsuul

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Depends on your area. I've seen them go for $800 or so around here with low mileage. I'd buy a set if they were close enough. But I'd most likely have to swap the TPMS sensors. Seems the early models used a different frequency.

kempo780

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Depends on your area. I've seen them go for $800 or so around here with low mileage. I'd buy a set if they were close enough. But I'd most likely have to swap the TPMS sensors. Seems the early models used a different frequency.
I live on Long Island. I posted them for $800 we will see what happens.

Sent using Tapatalk