Fahren LED's... love em.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sholtz21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've going back and forth on the "right" LED's. Instead of paying a fortune up front, I think I'm going to pull the trigger on these Fahren's. Can't really go wrong with the price. Just want to clear up what i need. For my 2019 reflectors, I need the LED's, i saw are canbus ready, so i shouldn't need the ballast? Even for DRL? Sounds like i might need to up the voltage though for DRL?

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've been using the OPT7 headlights for a couple of years, now. But, I've noticed that I'm starting to lose one of the LED's on the bulb. Every so often, I'll notice a my headlights change just slightly. Also, one of my fogs went out not too long ago. So, I started thinking it may be time to switch them out.

These are a much better price than what I paid for the OPT7's. Hopefully, they will last just as long, if not do better. Thanks for making this thread.

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was thinking about ordering these but I wasn't sure until I ran across this thread. I just ordered a set of low beams and my OCD made me order a set of fogs as well. I need to have them match. I'm not sure if I'm going to do my highs yet. Let's see how these turn out.

LDO1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Where are you guys ordering your lights from?
Also, can you tell me what bulb #s I will need for a 2012?

Will I experience flickering issues,etc as I've read in other threads?

Loudram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ordered mine from Amazon. I think the bulbs you need are the same as the ones listed in post 70 on page 7 of this thread.

I'm not sure about the flicker. These are canbus ready so the shouldn't flicker but I don't know if your truck has the same lights as mine

Last edited:

LDO1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I ordered mine from Amazon. I think the bulbs you need are the same as the ones listed in post 70 on page 7 of this thread.

I'm not sure about the flicker. These are canbus ready so the shouldn't flicker but I don't know if your truck has the same lights as mine
Thank you shipmate!

sholtz21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got mine from Amazon as well, it seems that’s their store. They are supposed to come with the ballasts, but I’m not sure. Sounds like you don’t need them, but since I use the DRL, and don’t have the AlfaOBD yet to adjust the voltage, i may install them and see if the DRL still works.

RAZ175

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L
For those who have installed the 9005's in a projector lens, what lumen/wattage output did you use? Amazon shows 10K/60W, 12K/80W or 20K/120W outputs.

Loudram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They arrived today and they are installed. The cut off line is very distinct. I like that. That means they are aimed and clocked right. They are much brighter than the stock ones.

I clocked the fog lights in the same position. I'm not sure if I needed to but the reflectors went the same direction as the headlights so it made sense to do it that way.

Here's what they look like. Keep in mind that the halogen pic was taken in the morning so they weren't that bright but you can see the cut off lines are the same. I'm really impressed with that because I HATE being blinded by LED's that were installed wrong. That's why I'm so hung up on getting them right. I don't want to be that idiot that blinds everyone.
20210826_083018.jpg20210826_193843_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

sholtz21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks awesome! One set of my H11's showed up last night, but it was a bit late to get installed. I did open them up and took a little looksie. From what I see, they were already clocked at 3/9. So installing them after work should be a breeze hopefully. My Highs and a 2nd set of H11's for the fogs should be here today as well, so it'll be a fun evening :)

jetmech87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I ordered some and installed the highs and lows yesterday. They sent me the wrong ones for the fogs. Ordered another set, we’ll see what comes.

Attachments

• 99E4A86B-F056-4659-A871-2F359412B9C3.jpeg
    99E4A86B-F056-4659-A871-2F359412B9C3.jpeg
    72.6 KB · Views: 23

sholtz21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
X-post - I got all mine installed in Saturday. I went with the Ferhan Forenner LED’s, they are 12,000 Lumen vs the standard 10,000 and only a couple $ more. I don’t know about the other ones, but these had the driver pre-wired in to the LED bulb, so they needed to be installed and just connected to the existing harness. I don’t have pics yet, but will post them later.
The install went pretty smooth, a bigger job then I anticipated. It was easiest to remove the wheel well liner and replace the low beams from underneath. The passenger side I removed the wheel well liner and the air box. The biggest challenge and required the most patience was clocking the LED’s correctly.

I confirmed that the DRL’s work. On mine, the DRL’s are driven by the low beams, but I didn’t check the brightness though. I may end up turning them off, we’ll see.

when all said and done, I did the low beams, high beams and fogs.

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My order came in. Had a few minutes to get the fogs installed. Still haven't had time to install the low beams.

Fogs look good so far. One positive that I like - my other bulbs would cause interference with my radio. So far, these do not.

Yogee2020

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
hi newbie here was size would I need for my ram 1500 2016 set with OEM projector installed headlights, do I need to change any setting with alfaobd any help much appreciated

FullForceRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi 2WD Quad Cab
I haven't been able to find any documentation on analysis on the Fehren's and their longevity, but I too installed these on my 14' for both the Low beam and fog lights and they do work well. I'm curious to see how well these brighter/whiter lights work when it begins to rain or in foggy conditions...

UPDATE: As of late, it's been very foggy in the foothills near our house and surrounding areas. The LED headlights have been performing great with no loss of lighting distance or any other issues thus far.

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I need to get my low beams in. I went ahead and ordered the high beams just the other day. They came in over the weekend, so now I can swap them both at the same time.