Fahren LED's... love em.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

y0rascal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Anyone using these on their projector lights? If so how do they like them and how do they compare to HID?

VatoT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I first found Fahren for my Durango i had for about 8 months. I LOVED the performance of these LED's in the Midwestern winter snow storms and just had to have them again on my RAM. 10/10 would recommend.

Milspec

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone using these on their projector lights? If so how do they like them and how do they compare to HID?
I have these in projectors, no issues from me. I do believe an HID setup would probably be better for the projectors but their output for the cost is great.

They’re just as bright as the JW Speaker 8700’s I had in my Wrangler BUT they’re nowhere near as bright as the factory LEDs in my wife’s Rubicon.

I also have Fahren for both low and high beams.

y0rascal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just bought gtr hid lighting from headlight revolution, should I return these and install these leds? Anyone with projectors that may have tried these leds and hid can advise? Also what harness do you buy for canbus?

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought the low beams and the fog lights but not the high beams. I've heard space is limited in the high beam housing. How do the Fahren's fit? I want to complete the set.

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I bought the low beams and the fog lights but not the high beams. I've heard space is limited in the high beam housing. How do the Fahren's fit? I want to complete the set.
According to reports on here, they will fit. It might be a tight fit, though. Whenever I can get some time to install mine, I'll report back.

Milspec

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have them in the high beam projectors, no fitment issues at all, installed both low and high at the same time.

y0rascal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey guys I ditched the hid and decided to go with fahren termitor 20k 120watt led bulbs on my 2017 ram 1500 sport with projectors. Low and high beam 9005 bulbs work fine, high beam was a tight fit but got it in.

9006 fogs I'm having an issue, if I turn on the accessory battery only the lights work. When I start the truck they flicker a couple times then shut off. Not throwing any codes. I've reached out to fahren still waiting on a reply. Let me know if anyone else has had a similar issue and knows how to fix.

VatoT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So after the who debacle figuring out new headlights to choose, I just opted to go with Fahren LED's (and another brand fog lights). Holy cow. Everything bolted in nice and easy, plug n play. Everything fit nicely in the dust caps. These things are BRIGHT. Very pleased so far. Thanks for all the info throughout the forum.

View attachment 240888 Lowbeams

View attachment 240889 Low w/ fogs

View attachment 240890 Fogs only (parking lights)

View attachment 240891 Highs/Lows

View attachment 240892 The whole shebang
Absolutely love mine, could never drive these mid-western winters without them!

y0rascal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So after the who debacle figuring out new headlights to choose, I just opted to go with Fahren LED's (and another brand fog lights). Holy cow. Everything bolted in nice and easy, plug n play. Everything fit nicely in the dust caps. These things are BRIGHT. Very pleased so far. Thanks for all the info throughout the forum.

Which fog lights did you go with?

Which fog light bills did you go with? And did you need canbus recorder?

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Which fog lights did you go with?
I know you're asking the other guy 'cause he used a different brand of fog lights, but, I used the Fahren's LED's for my fog lights. They work really well.

BLUKTY2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Greetings all. I have been following this thread as I want to upgrade my headlights as most or all of you have done. From the information that I have seen here and elsewhere I sure like the Fahren's, especially for the price. I am ready to pull the trigger on these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B096VRJ38Z/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=AO5OKWRBPW658&psc=1

But I do have a couple of questions and would appreciate some input:

1). The truck manual clearly states 9005 for both low and high beam for a 2017 3500 with projector headlights. The information on Amazon states that this particular set is for "Low Beam and High Beam Headlight (wo/projector type headlamps)". I am thinking that the "wo/projector" is a typo and therefore this information is incorrect and that they will fit in projectors.

2). The specs on these bulbs claim that they are 160W's per combo. Has anyone experienced overheating of the wiring harness? I sure don't want to melting anything!

Thanks in advance for any input and clarification!

Have a wonderful Christmas and above all stay safe.

y0rascal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I went with the termitor which are for our trucks with projector lights. I think your looking at the other one which is set for ram trucks without projector. Mine are 120 watt 20k lumens and so far so good, no fire yet, but the low beams get insanely hot fast. I looked at the set your looking at but didn't purchase them because it said it wouldn't fit the projector headlights. Also it was a tight fit but I was able to get the bulb squeezed into the high beam.

BLUKTY2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I went with the termitor which are for our trucks with projector lights. I think your looking at the other one which is set for ram trucks without projector. Mine are 120 watt 20k lumens and so far so good, no fire yet, but the low beams get insanely hot fast. I looked at the set your looking at but didn't purchase them because it said it wouldn't fit the projector headlights. Also it was a tight fit but I was able to get the bulb squeezed into the high beam.
Thank you for the quick response. Based on just the fact that you have noticed how hot yours get I think I will stay away from what I was leaning towards whether they fit or not. 40 extra watts seems considerable to me and will only add to the heat issue. Doesn't seem worth it to me.

Thanks again!

Wetworks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Greetings all. I have been following this thread as I want to upgrade my headlights as most or all of you have done. From the information that I have seen here and elsewhere I sure like the Fahren's, especially for the price. I am ready to pull the trigger on these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B096VRJ38Z/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=AO5OKWRBPW658&psc=1

But I do have a couple of questions and would appreciate some input:

1). The truck manual clearly states 9005 for both low and high beam for a 2017 3500 with projector headlights. The information on Amazon states that this particular set is for "Low Beam and High Beam Headlight (wo/projector type headlamps)". I am thinking that the "wo/projector" is a typo and therefore this information is incorrect and that they will fit in projectors.

2). The specs on these bulbs claim that they are 160W's per combo. Has anyone experienced overheating of the wiring harness? I sure don't want to melting anything!

Thanks in advance for any input and clarification!

Have a wonderful Christmas and above all stay safe.
I'm going to follow the responses you get here. I have a 2018 Rebel with projectors, and am looking to do Hi/Lo/Fog upgrade. For the 9005s, I am looking at these:

BLUKTY2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I'm going to follow the responses you get here. I have a 2018 Rebel with projectors, and am looking to do Hi/Lo/Fog upgrade. For the 9005s, I am looking at these:

Those are what I ordered. It will be awhile before I get the opportunity to install them so I won't be reporting back any time soon as to how I like them. But they seem like a good product, especially for the price.

Wetworks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Those are what I ordered. It will be awhile before I get the opportunity to install them so I won't be reporting back any time soon as to how I like them. But they seem like a good product, especially for the price.
Ok, cool. So two sets for the hi and low, right? What did you get for the fogs?