Fastman TB has a mind of its own

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drdan524

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I installed the Fastman modified stock throttle body. Ever since install the the throttle actuator has had a mind of its own. Revs would surge up to about 2000rpms then drop. It's done this all week to the point now where once it revs, it develops a miss and goes into limp mode. I have the Intune with a hemifever tune. I sprayed TB cleaner around to check for vacuum leaks but found none. I removed the tune to see if that was the culprit. I also put the stock TB back on and it seems to be fixed. I would assume it's a bad throttle actuator. Would this assumption be correct?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
Drdan524

Drdan524

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Talked to Dan at Fastman. He said a lot of times after you install and sync the throttle actuator people will turn the key off which negates the syncing process. He told me to synchronize it then start the engine without turning the key off. Seems to be fixed.

sicmadek

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 express qc
Engine
hemi 5.7
Talked to Dan at Fastman. He said a lot of times after you install and sync the throttle actuator people will turn the key off which negates the syncing process. He told me to synchronize it then start the engine without turning the key off. Seems to be fixed.

Damn i did mine the wrong way too then

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
I bought a used one and had issues where it would rev up when slowing down every time. It was really annoying.

I never heard about this synchronize thing. Maybe that was my problem.

OP
OP
Drdan524

Drdan524

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Yeah try syncing it. Mine would surge at a stoplight. I tried syncing it again after I got off the phone with Dan and it works as it should now. To sync, turn the key on without starting the engine. After all the chimes and dash lights are done, press the gas pedal all the way to the floor and slowly raise the pedal. As you do that you will see the CEL flashing. Once the pedal is all the way to the top, start the engine and let it idle.DO NOT turn the key off in between lifting your foot off the pedal and starting the engine.

lokal907ryder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
should I sync my moes 87mm TB? I haven't noticed any issues with it, but wondering if it wouldn't hurt just to do it so it doesn't give me any issues later.

BrBlack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Had no idea you needed to sync the Fastman TB. Been running one for years now and never noticed a thing.

I'll have to give this a try to see if any improvements happen.

OP
OP
Drdan524

Drdan524

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I don't know. I assume if you haven't had any issues you don't need it.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
Yeah try syncing it. Mine would surge at a stoplight. I tried syncing it again after I got off the phone with Dan and it works as it should now. To sync, turn the key on without starting the engine. After all the chimes and dash lights are done, press the gas pedal all the way to the floor and slowly raise the pedal. As you do that you will see the CEL flashing. Once the pedal is all the way to the top, start the engine and let it idle.DO NOT turn the key off in between lifting your foot off the pedal and starting the engine.

Umm, wish I still had it to try that. Could have been my problem. I posted on here about it too and nobody said anything about syncing it.

dtru1222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I dont know why its being called "syncing" but you can do the "Throttle Re-calibration" any time. Its basically setting the throttle response back to baseline, it unlearns your driving habits. If your vehicle is feeling sluggish its recommended to do this its recommended to do this first to see if its just the programming.