fender flares

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ralaubach

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram QC
Engine
hemi 5.7
So i just put new tires and rims on my 07 QC. 22'' rims with 265/40r22 nitro tires. the rear of the truck is dropped 2 inches using shackles. the things, that the back fenders look like there is a huge gap between the tire and the fender.

So what I am wondering is if there are any fender flares out there that make the fender appear to closed the gap between the tire and the fender itself.

If that does not make sense, let me know. I will try and up load some pictures.

thanks

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I have not seen any flares that do that. Do you plan on going lower in the future. If not I think you bought too small of a tire

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
Pictures would definately help, I'm still trying to understand. So the tire sticks out too much, or doesn't stick out enough? Usually with wider rims it sticks out more, which they make fender flares for like the bushwacker flares for. Although they wouldn't look great at all on a lowered vehicle. If the tire doesn't stick out enough, like Butch said, get some wider tires, cause they don't make fender flare that pull in more. You'd have to alter the truck bed for that, and it would most defiantely look like crap. 265's are pretty skinny any way for most 22" wheels. How wide are your rims 9, 9.5, or 10? I have 22x9.5's and I have 305 tires on them, for comparison sake. I'll take a picture of how my wheels and fender gap look at lunch for ya.

El phono

Last edited:

02blkram47

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think he means the tire doesn't fill the fender in height. Sounds to me like the sidewall of the tire is too thin. Perhaps you need tires that have a higher sidewall ratio or you need to lower the truck more to close in the gap.