Filler neck TSB ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canadianguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys,
I’ve recently encountered the fuel fill issue where it takes forever to fill up the truck cause the pump nozzle keeps clicking off. I’ve read about possible cause of evap/filler neck and tank. Anyone know if there is any TSB on this issue? From what I’ve read it’s quite common…cheers fellas!

OP
OP
Canadianguy

Canadianguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Update!! Just got the truck back from the dealership and they said they’re 99% sure it’s the roll over valve that is stuck. Which is in the gas tank. So..the solution is to get a new gas tank! $1600 bucks! Anyone familiar with this?

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Update!! Just got the truck back from the dealership and they said they’re 99% sure it’s the roll over valve that is stuck. Which is in the gas tank. So..the solution is to get a new gas tank! $1600 bucks! Anyone familiar with this?
I have replaced quite a few tanks over the last few months. The valve you are referring to is called the MFCV, or Multi Function Control Valve. Some applications have it as part of the fuel pump and others are part of the tank.

OP
OP
Canadianguy

Canadianguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Okay. There is also the possibility that the evap canister could have gas in it. If so, I was told that will have to be replaced which is a additional 900 bucks. Apparently the only way that can be determined is when they drop the tank.

BarryD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 1500
I own a 2018 Ram 1500. I have 52k miles on it. Last March 2021 I encountered the fuel filling issue where the pump closed off every few cents at a time. It took 30 minutes to pump 20 gallons. Under warranty, the Dealer Service replaced the fuel filler tube with an upgraded one. Issue was resolved. Last month (five months later) it started all over again. The Dealer service replaced the fuel pump but that didn’t solve the problem. They then replaced the fuel tank. I just got my truck back today and filled the tank without any issue. When I purchased this truck, I bought Ally Major Guard service warranty (84/100k). The parts and labor from filler tube, fuel pump and fuel tank and 5 days car rental, more than exceeded the price of this warranty.